Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa card found in Salthill

Options
  • 14-06-2014 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

I found a Visa card outside the ice cream/take away place at Coco Café in Salthill at 5.20 today. I doubt if it had been there very long. I handed it into the Café so they should have it for the owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

I once got a Facebook message from some random person saying they found a card with my name on it. Turned out it wasn't my card but you could do this. It's unlike keys when you only can describe what they look like, the card already has a name

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I found a Visa card outside the ice cream/take away place at Coco Café in Salthill at 5.20 today. I doubt if it had been there very long. I handed it into the Café so they should have it for the owner.

You can call the number of card services on the back and say you found the card, they will then contact its owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Thats very decent of you, some people would go straight to a bank machine or do some internet shopping with it, lucky for the owner
    you are a good citizen of the state, i think you should get a reward, perhaps an ice cream, would be appropriated on this occasion,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Thanks Exercise, but I'd like to think that the vast majority of people would do the same thing. I just hope the owner realised where they dropped the card and went back to the café instead of going through the hassle of cancelling the card and having to wait for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

exercise wrote: »
    some people would go straight to a bank machine
    Please tell us as to what they would do when they reach the bank machine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

scart wrote: »
    Please tell us as to what they would do when they reach the bank machine?

Answer the dumb question, ok

Apart from the obvious, the card would end up eaten by the cash machine,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Coincidentally, I found an Ulster Bank Visa debit card on the Prom near Blackrock on Friday evening. I brought it into the Ulster Bank branch in Eyre Square on Saturday.

People must have too much money if they can afford to leave their debit cards on the Prom :pac:

Advertisement