Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go about finding an owner?

Options
  • 14-06-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Theres an old house near us that I'm looking to get info on. The house itself is a 5 or 6 bed house about 200 years old.

It had an old woman living in it up until about 8 - 10 years ago, then a guy bought it and had it rented out. About 3 years ago there was a relatively small fire upstairs in it, mainly smoke damage but by the time a fire tender had emptied its load in to it, the lads had smashed the upstairs windows and pulled the slabs down to make sure there was no fire, it wasn't liveable. It sat like that for months till some kids put the downstairs windows in and eventually the owner covered them with corriboard (plastic stuff like election posters. Another year or so rolled by and junkies took up residence. They were eventually chucked out last year and the place boarded up properly (not by the owners) It had been up for sale since before the fire and eventually the estate agent sign disappeared a few months back.

I was on to the estate agent around the time of the junkies without much help . "yeah, thanks, eh we'll get on to the owner" Is about as helpful as it got. At this stage after 3 years of it being empty I highly doubt hes been paying a mortgage on it so I'm thinking its with the bank or NAMA? But nothing has been done to it by anyone. A guy I know passed it by when dropped me home the other day and asked about it. He's looking for a project and I think it'd suit everyone in the area if something was done with it rather than ending up as a doss house again. Any ideas about how to go about finding out? I did a bit of googleing but not getting far.

TLDR: old abandoned house, how to find owner.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get the guy interested in it to contact the estate agent. He might get more of a response if he says he's interested in buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

spurious wrote: »
    Get the guy interested in it to contact the estate agent. He might get more of a response if he says he's interested in buying it.

Thatll be the approach alright if I cant find anything.

This is what one of the links had when I was googling , its from Irish property watch

€395,000 - Price on 2012-06-13

5 Bed House
    Dublin 22, Co. Dublin
    First seen:2009-06-14

Does that mean the last time it was listed was 13 June 2012?

So presumably the estate agent has no connection anymore?

Saturday evening is probably the worst time to start thinking about doing anything about this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

You can check with the land registry website and if the property has a registered title then you can download a copy of the folio for €5 from the website which will give you the name of the registered owner. If the title is unregistered you would have to do searches in the registry of deeds to find a memorial of the deed which will list the parties to the deed of conveyance and describe the property. I'm not sure what the cost of this would be though !

Advertisement