Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train vs Bus

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Which trains have bars? Never heard of that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Train

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How much do Bus Eireann intercity drivers and Iarnrod Eireann train drivers earn per week? The average wage, I'm just curious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

I prefer train over bus.

Especially hate waking up to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

train, but schedule and price, often means I'm stuck with the bus. ):

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

I think the bus will loose!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

YFlyer wrote: »
    Limerick to Cork always a bus over a train.

What, deny yourself the joys of Limerick Junction?? :confused::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 NilesCrane

depends what sort of bus it is, national express coaches are very nice in england, leather seats and all. trains have too many yuppies in them with their suits and hipster glasses on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

If there's direct motorway route between point A and point B, bus is grand. Otherwise, train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

Love the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

desultory wrote: »
    It's only 5 minutes in on the luas which is right outside the door
    But the bus drops you to the city centre.
    UCDVet wrote: »
    'Cheap' being relative though.

I used to take Dublin bus into work and it cost as much as the last vehicle I owned. I mean, that's pretty expensive in my book.
    Yeh I should say I'm only referring to long-distance journeys.
    Which trains have bars? Never heard of that before.
    Long-distance ones like Dublin-Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Muise... wrote: »
    What, deny yourself the joys of Limerick Junction?? :confused::D

it was a grand old place back in the good old days

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Suas11 wrote: »
    You'd be a train wanker though.

Doesn't have the same ring to it. Bonus point for originality though, what with the wanker bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you had to take one for a journey?

Always train.
    1) bar
    2) bathroom
    3) no traffic

Have met others who will never ever use the train & always take the bus ( with option of both)

How about you?
    Most trains don't have a bar and I have never seen one with a bathroom nor do I understand why anyone would want to take a bath on the train, also anyntrain I have been on is usually held up along the line somewhere because of traffic, waiting for other trains to pass or clear the line so they can proceed. Most train journeys would be significantly faster were it not fore traffic!

Advertisement