Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England v Italy 11 PM. (Mod warning linked in OP)

1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Scholes doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Pirlo....(except this one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

[QUOTE=Boskowski;90857813
    Whenever I saw him playing which is admittedly not exactly on a weekly basis he seemed solid, ok to good but sorry lads I never saw this greatness that people attribute to him. Whenever I saw him playing for England he was as good or as bad as any of their golden generation who never actually did anything in terms of winning or even challenging for something.

He was solid, decent, good technically (by English standards, don't mean that in a nasty way), good shot, good holder of the ball, decent distribution, a good midfielder no doubt, but he could be sometimes pretty nasty and even at the height of his career I don't remember him being mentioned with the greats of his period. Ever. Some people make him out to be this former ManU Zico/Pirlo/almost Zidane legend guy of sorts which I find a little laughable tbh.[/QUOTE]

These parts here are proof your post is factually incorrect. x
    For your viewing pleasure
    iblbQiVdJUcDVs.gif

ibnJzrPSbYbwp3.gif

ibksOnldRDAXds.gif

A few quotes from some of the game's greats to break things up. I'd say these lads know a thing or two more than us with RE: the qualities of a top player
    "If he was playing with me, I would have scored so many more."
    - Pele

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."
    - Zinedine Zidane

"I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears."
    - Luis Figo

The best thing about goals like this. Is they aren't just once off flukes. They happened all the time. "Good shot" me hole. Thats a downright outrageous volley technique the boy has.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement