Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's your least favourite person on telly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The two presenters on Pointless. They always seem so awkward as if they don't even like each other away from the show.

I think their exchanges seem stilted and awkward because a lot of what they say to each other is cut out in editing. My cousin was in the audience for a show a couple of years ago and said they had some exchanges lasting up to 5 minutes which would obviously have to be shortened.

Personally, I detest the sight of Adrian Chiles who presents the football on ITV. A more dull personality you will not find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Mark Cagney is obnoxious and seems to think he's superior to his co-presenters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Kenny ****ing powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Alan Hughes, **** presenter and a **** personality.
    Mel B, **** presenter and a **** personality.
    Amanda Holden, **** presenter and a **** personality.
    Piers Morgan, the man is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

As if I haven't made my feelings clear before on these types of threads... Bruce friggin' Forsyth. Grrr.

He'll be dead soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Rachel Riley off countdown .

Wait, LEAST favourite ?

Rats.

Probably that jake Stevens guy

Jaysus I was wondering. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

As if I haven't made my feelings clear before on these types of threads... Bruce friggin' Forsyth. Grrr.

He's so nice! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

that is the worst and most inaccurate quote i have ever read. No. Just no. No. No

Have to agree, to mention McSavage in the same breath as Dermot Morgan & disregard Dylan Moran, David O'Doherty off the top of my head is astounding. McSavage is on a par with Jason Byrne, all shouty & nowhere near as funny as he believes himself to be IMO.

I just came into this thread to post this. What a fool. Rahoo rahoo rahoo! If I ever meet him I'll kick him in the shin.

Aim about 2 feet higher please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dave McSavage on anything he's ever been on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Andrew Maxwell. He is talented, but not at comedy.

McSavage is a legend. The evolution of Joe Duffy and his gimp, from S&M practitioner to a Vampire who lives off misery, is comedy genius. Also the nasty newsreader is great.
    Imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I just came into this thread to post this. What a fool. Rahoo rahoo rahoo! If I ever meet him I'll kick him in the shin.

I knew a lad in school who had the absolute air of Hector about him, in his movements, his hair colour, in his try-hardness, his culcish-ism, if that was even a word. Hector was begging to be parodied and its a stroke of genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Andrew Maxwell. He is talented, but not at comedy.

Have to agree there was brought to a gig of his in vicar st last year and the guy runs out of steam fast. He sat on stage and you could see him thinking of what will I say next everyone was dying to leave but he would heckle anyone who stood up.

The cast of fair city are terrible and should be taken off the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

David O'Doherty off the top of my head is astounding.

That beardy ape fella with the keyboard?

About as funny as a rusty spoon in the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The two presenters on Pointless. They always seem so awkward as if they don't even like each other away from the show.

As someone else pointed out, they've been very good friends for years. Think they have very good charisma on screen. Very good show and they contribute a lot to it IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Have to agree, to mention McSavage in the same breath as Dermot Morgan & disregard Dylan Moran, David O'Doherty off the top of my head is astounding. McSavage is on a par with Jason Byrne, all shouty & nowhere near as funny as he believes himself to be IMO.

To mention Dermot Morgan in the same breath as Dylan Moran and the other guy you mentioned to me is astounding.
    Jason Byrne I wouldn't even comment about.
    Mc Savage for all his faults is doing something original.. this is also due to the production of the show (good use of vox pop /music)..its the best contemporary comedy/skit RTE have ever produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

That analyst doing the soccer sometimes on RTE, you know the one I'm on about! Just please shut up allready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

yawhat! wrote: »
    That analyst doing the soccer sometimes on RTE, you know the one I'm on about! Just please shut up allready

which one... theres a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

yawhat! wrote: »

Kenny Cunningham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

which one... theres a few

Richie Sadlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Any off the presenters off the xtra factor(x factor after show)...
    Like WTF is wrong with them a@#e holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

ardle1 wrote: »

You have options here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

mad muffin wrote: »
    It used to be Pat Kenny. Every time I saw him I'd think to my self, there's the twat who sucking up half the TV license.

Mine too but I always thought Ahaaaa it's Alan Feckin Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dave McSavage is very funny. I don't think the Savage Eye is quite on the level of say, Father Ted, but its very very good.

Even worse than all those people you guys have mentioned, and even Gary Bell. Steve Coogan :mad::mad::mad::mad: How I despise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Linda Martin
    Twink
    Ronan Collins
    the short haired blond young wan on Winning Streak- awful- presented a fundraising show I was at couple years ago , arrived 1 1/2 hr late, went up on stage and insulted the entire crowd with her high pitched screaming - declaring that she couldn't find the place as it wasn't on a map, and was in the middle of no where. idiot.
    Jason Byrne
    Neil Delamere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

daithi o shea

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

yep I second that , Daithi O Shea- no talent. a complete sleaze, saw him in action few years ago at a function. cringe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh and Kenny Cunningham

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Two people to be honest and they are JEDWARD!!

I swear everytime I see them :mad::o:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

On irish tv its a tie for me between brendan o connor and daithi o shea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Karl Spain and Laura Whitmore formed a devastating tag team at the IFTAs this year.

Devastating to my life expectancy that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

On norn irish tv it has to be that nolan prìck that has his own politics show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Yamanoto wrote: »
    This schlub

Campbel_5

Indeed, hard to believe he's only 40.

Brendan O'Connor is another one, I just get really angry when I see him on tv x(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 NilesCrane

The GAA championship crowd on BBC NI

Jason Byrne is another I've just thought of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Mine is Brian Kerr, he's absolutely doing my head in, his voice actually hurts me.

Who's yours? :)

He sounds like a parody of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ardle1 wrote: »
    rotun wrote: »
    You have options here

Great input to my post :rolleyes::confused:
    eh! as in, my option is not to watch said programme.... I can assure you, I have never watched a 'whole' episode of said sh!te......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Whoever said Dave Mc Savage was as bad as Jason Byrne should be ashamed. Jason Byrne is absolutely woeful comic.

Absolutely Hate Michael mc Intyre myself.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Whoever said Dave Mc Savage was as bad as Jason Byrne should be ashamed. Jason Byrne is absolutely woeful comic.

I stand by my comment. Neither adds anything to my life, they belong in the same slop bucket as Neil Delamare :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I stand by my comment. Neither adds anything to my life, they belong in the same slop bucket as Neil Delamare :)

Have you ever seen David o Doherty's bit on Delamere? Brilliant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Timmyctc wrote: »

Michael mcIntyre just trys way too hard to be funny, and 99% of his jokes are old stale overused ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Mark Cagney. Awful. Just awful. Seems really patronising and uninterested and supercilious all the time. Luckily, he's on morning TV which nobody gives a crap about. :) He acts like he's too good for it too. Sorry Mark, you're not, if you were, you would have been poached of the show long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ballfro

Mark Cagney for the reasons already mentioned.
    Sinead Desmond, that accent goes through my head. She is loud and talks over people all the time. Very unprofessional. She really is below average at what she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The kardashians. All of them.

Ah they're not so bad, the Klingons, now THEY are tedious nowadays

Real answer: Sarah Millican

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Dave McSavage on anything he's ever been on.

His Richie Kavanagh parody made me chuckle....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Yamanoto wrote: »
    His Richie Kavanagh parody made me chuckle....

:D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Matt Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

Alan Carr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

MJ23 wrote: »
    He sounds like a parody of himself.
    Has to be said; he has a horrible accent. Painful to listen to. The thing is; he's a knowledgeable bloke and contributes a great deal to RTE's coverage. If only he'd change that bloody accent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Jimmy Magee. Terrible commentator and I can't stand his bogger accent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement