Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbox repairs waterford or close to waterford

Options
  • 14-06-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Can anyone tell me if they no anyone or anywhere that does manual gear box repairs

in waterford city or County or close to waterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I had to get a job done last year, I brought it to a place the far side of New Ross - http://www.dbyrneautorepairs.com/contact-us.html

Very good job and kept me updated as to exactly what was happening. There is a place the Waterford side of New Ross as well, but I've never used them. Quite a few places will just offer you an exchange gearbox fitted rather then repairing your own...sometimes this can work out more expensive so it's a good idea to have a look at both options.

What exactly is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

I have an audi a4 2004 6 speed and it's grinding going into 2nd gear I can get into gear when in low revs

I have an audi a4 2004 6 speed and it's grinding going into 2nd gear I can get into gear when in low revs

That's pretty much exactly what I had on mine. (an '03 A4) it's probably a worn synchro. Best to get them all changed while the box is out if it is that. Mine also had a leak which meant I needed a new clutch and seal. I didn't get much change out of €1k, but if your clutch is okay, it will be a bit cheaper.

That's pretty much exactly what I had on mine. (an '03 A4) it's probably a worn synchro. Best to get them all changed while the box is out if it is that. Mine also had a leak which meant I needed a new clutch and seal. I didn't get much change out of €1k, but if your clutch is okay, it will be a bit cheaper.
    ye clutch and flywheel good just the little grind into 2nd is the problem

ye clutch and flywheel good just the little grind into 2nd is the problem

You could try changing the gearbox oil. That will generally help a bit and you might get another year or two out of it before you have to get a job done. If it is the synchro, Some others are probably worn as well, mine was crunching going into 2nd/3rd and even a little into 4th.

• Advertisement

You could try changing the gearbox oil. That will generally help a bit and you might get another year or two out of it before you have to get a job done. If it is the synchro, Some others are probably worn as well, mine was crunching going into 2nd/3rd and even a little into 4th.
    just after buying lucas gearbox oil treatment and going to put in fresh oil aswell see how it goes

Did anyone ever hear of a chap named ray mack somewhere out passed kilmeaden

looking for a phone number for him

Advertisement