Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What're ye drinking?

• 15-06-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Well lads and lassies, what's your poison? I'm trying out Wells Banana Bread Beer at the moment, not bad. Twas 4 for €9 in Dunnes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Water....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Well theres a question now

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

Well theres a question now

Oh you're too sweet for me haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Beer snobs in 3..2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm on a keep fit buzz atm, so beer is out the window. (believe me, I miss it) :mad:

Absolut vodka, Soda water and a wedge of lime for me tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Feck yez all.

I'm having a large Hennessy. Mmmmm. Sitting outside in thr garden (quietly) even now! Lovely night.

But I've the price of a ton of coal inside me now, as my granny used to say!

I'm on a keep fit buzz atm, so beer is out the window. (believe me, I miss it) :mad:

Absolut vodka, Soda water and a wedge of lime for me tonight.

Never liked the vodka myself to be honest...it always seemed like burning water...which I guess it kind of it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Barry's tea, strong, one sugar, tiny drop of full fat milk.

Anyone ever tried Rebel Red from Franciscan Well in Cork? Beautiful stuff, but bottles are expensive enough in Dunnes. I'm more for the cheap and cheerful these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Southie and red.

Never liked the vodka myself to be honest...it always seemed like burning water...which I guess it kind of it is.

Believe me, I'd prefer to have a frothy ale in my glass right now.

Barry's tea, strong, one sugar, tiny drop of full fat milk.

Couldn't handle that, I'd be on the floor after a cup and a half. Take it easy.

Anyone ever tried Rebel Red from Franciscan Well in Cork? Beautiful stuff, but bottles are expensive enough in Dunnes. I'm more for the cheap and cheerful these days.

That stuff is Fcukin lovely btw. My local does it in draught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm on the aul magners or bulmers as it is called back home.

That stuff is Fcukin lovely btw. My local does it in draught.

I love it. Such a disappointment when you go somewhere new and they don't have a tap, or worse they have one and it's empty. Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 coolchip1

I prefer the Friar Weisse from Franciscan Well, 5 for €10 in tesco.
    On erdinger atm .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Brandy straight for me. Favourite tipple. have henessey going on now, not my favourite but the only brandy in the press down home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Baleys, no, balies, no, ballies, ah fcuk it, ya know what I mean

gadetra wrote: »
    Brandy straight for me. Favourite tipple. have henessey going on now, not my favourite but the only brandy in the press down home!

Oh god, reminds me of Christmas pud...:P

• Advertisement

emeldc wrote: »
    Baleys, no, balies, no, ballies, ah fcuk it, ya know what I mean

It's working anyway, that's what's important :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

It's working anyway, that's what's important :D
    Ygdsvj hi bevy before kouroi dtomtq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I have two bottles of the Braithwaites Old Badgers Fanny chilling in the fridge. It's a mild Craft beer with plummy overtones, a pale froth and a smooth, moist afterbite - €19.79 a bottle from our local Organic farm shop with wooden shelves and a real bargain I must say.

Reality - a bottle of Tesco plonk that was reduced - the "You save €...." bit was more than the actual price..wtf is "craft beer"?? Fcuk off, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I have two bottles of the Braithwaites Old Badgers Fanny chilling in the fridge. It's a mild Craft beer with plummy overtones, a pale froth and a smooth, moist afterbite - €19.79 a bottle from our local Organic farm shop with wooden shelves and a real bargain I must say.

Jesus christ. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ya. €4.50 a pint in my local. All the diehard Smithwicks and Heineken drinkers whingeing 'cos it's too dear. Smithwicks 4.20 Heineken 4.40. Coloured water.

At the moment I'm on Leffe Blonde. 5.50 for four in Lidl.

Reality - a bottle of Tesco plonk that was reduced - the "You save €...." bit was more than the actual price..wtf is "craft beer"?? Fcuk off, in fairness.

The plummy overtones got me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Tea and schmokin

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ya. €4.50 a pint in my local. All the diehard Smithwicks and Heineken drinkers whingeing 'cos it's too dear. Smithwicks 4.20 Heineken 4.40. Coloured water.

At the moment I'm on Leffe Blonde. 5.50 for four in Lidl.

€5.50 for 4 sounds good, what's it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

gadetra wrote: »

So what's your fave in that department then? (brandy)

I like brandy. Yummy no ice or mixer either.

• Advertisement

It likes cold places, dark bottles, kegs and mahogany bartops and giving you a banging headache the day after one too many. It dislikes being urinated into a hedge the same as every other beer on the market, followed by getting puked down the jax - a very fussy brew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good ****. 6.6% It just a 330ml bottle.

It likes cold places, dark bottles, kegs and mahogany bartops and giving you a banging headache the day after one too many. It dislikes being urinated into a hedge the same as every other beer on the market, followed by getting puked down the jax - a very fussy brew.

What's - as in a contraction for what is, not what does...at least much more commonly what is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I had a milkshake made with banana and peanut; was fantastic.

humbert wrote: »
    I had a milkshake made with banana and peanut; was fantastic.

Interesting, got a recipe for that?

What's - as in a contraction for what is, not what does...at least much more commonly what is...

I've a bottle of rotgut down me and you expect me to spot apophatories? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Lidl Ice Tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drank some Samuel Adams Lager earlier, it's ok.

I've a bottle of rotgut down me and you expect me to spot apophatories? :D

I don't even know what that is, but after a quick google search I'm guessing some kind of awful liquor :p enjoy :pac:

biko wrote: »
    Drank some Samuel Adams Lager earlier, it's ok.

That's pure 'Murica. Must try that sometime too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Interesting, got a recipe for that?
    'Fraid not, was in a cafe/bar/restaurant. It was called an Elvis milkshake, strangely the menu said vanilla ice-cream but when we asked they'd made it with banana. Couple of the girls asked to change but I preferred the banana. A quick google returns the vanilla version so perhaps you could start there and experiment!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

So what's your fave in that department then? (brandy)

I like brandy. Yummy no ice or mixer either.

Martell. Can't stand anything with it, it kills it. My old local got bottles in just for me :D can't stand even a drop of water in the glass. And ya gotta warm it - takes me as long (sometimes longer :eek:) to drink my brandy as my friends drinking a pint! And it's cheap enough, betweeen €4 and €4.50 out (in dublin).
    Goes down easy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Vodka and d. Coke for me, meant to be having a bit of a party so I started late and now everyone's gone to bed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Smirnoff Green Apple vodka.

Best drink ever invented.

Jumboman wrote: »
    Smirnoff Green Apple vodka.

Best drink ever invented.

What mixer do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

pear cider.

Mrs W wrote: »
    What mixer do you use?

I just drink it out of the bottle. Very nice drink its tastes similar to koperberg.

Jumboman wrote: »
    I just drink it out of the bottle. Very nice drink its tastes similar to koperberg.

Eughhhh! I don't like kopparberg either though. Is it not the same strength as normal vodka?

I'm bad enough with a mixer never mind drinkin straight!

Mrs W wrote: »
    Is it not the same strength as normal vodka?

Yes but because of the apple taste it makes it a lot easier to drink than regular Smirnoff. It tastes more like an alcopop.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

Carling

• Advertisement
Advertisement