Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Côte d'Ivoire vs Japan 02:00 RTE2/ITV

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

adamski8 wrote: »
    Drums sound good, but the horns are just the same annoying ****e over and over

They're a bit too close to the relentless vuvuzela drone from the last world cup for comfort alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Ouch, thats going to hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

everybody now......

yaya, yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya........ YAYA TOURE.

kolo, kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo....... KOLO TOURE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Gervinho still brainless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

That was appalling from Gervinho. Christ!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

And I was right , wtf was the keeper doing. Should have been a pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Drogba still has it. Looks very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Well fair dues for your all round positivity anyway.

I've felt hung-over for most the day and I think i've just transitioned into feeling a bit drunk :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Yeah Made huge impact since coming on. Seems to give the whole team a lift.

• Advertisement

lol drogba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Very disappointed with Japan tonight

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only thing this game lacked was some Eboue magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Time wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The African lads are seriously taking the p*ss with the 30-40 second corners and fake injuries. Ya Konan again.

hate to see players going down during stoppage time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

FT: 2-1. GG. NN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Drogba changed the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alas, unlucky Japan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Garbage 'injuries' for the last 10 minutes of the game. I remember why I rarely watch soccer anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Drogba really is just an inspiration - everyone else is 10% better when he's on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Japan really underperformed tonight. Hopefully up their performance the next day or it's going to be a short WC for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I don't think Drogba was that big of a difference when he came on at all. It was simply 2 crosses that they finally got right from all their other poor ones.

Corholio wrote: »
    I don't think Drogba was that big of a difference when he came on at all. It was simply 2 crosses that they finally got right from all their other poor ones.

He drove the team forward - the attacking tempo improved immediately. The very first thing he did was to drive into the opposition box and create a chance, you could visibly see the tempo and aggression of the Ivorians increase.

He was also fantastic for holding up the ball and keeping possession for the remainder of the half to stop the Japanese from getting back into it.

Tristram wrote: »
    Japan really underperformed tonight. Hopefully up their performance the next day or it's going to be a short WC for them.

I think the conditions affected them a lot though...the weather wasn't too desperately hot but the humidity was very high. They looked like they deteriorated very quickly in the second half, so this may have played a part. They just couldn't cope with the intensity the Ivorians were able to maintain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Shoutout to everybody who did the full 100% over the 12 hours. Only did 75% myself because of work but I was there from Greece losing to DDA inspiring the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think the conditions affected them a lot though...the weather wasn't too desperately hot but the humidity was very high. They looked like they deteriorated very quickly in the second half, so this may have played a part. They just couldn't cope with the intensity the Ivorians were able to maintain.

That's possible alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Yaya Toure and Kagawa were played poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fell asleep just after the Japan goal, no amount of coffee would have been enough, a little disappointed to see the result this morning, thought they looked in control up until then.
    It's probably the most open and well matched group in the competition. Should be interesting to see how things progress after the next round of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fell asleep just after the Japan goal, no amount of coffee would have been enough, a little disappointed to see the result this morning, thought they looked in control up until then.
    It's probably the most open and well matched group in the competition. Should be interesting to see how things progress after the next round of games.

Drogba enters pitch 61st minute

64'
    Wilfried Bony
    1 - 1
    66'
    Gervinho
    2 - 1

Advertisement