Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy Fathers DAY!

• 15-06-2014 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Happy Father's day to all you Dads.

Some of you will get drawn cards with stuck on glitter, some will get a bottle of after shave, or a cooked breakfast or if you are lucky an alcoholic beverage.

But I hope you get a lot of love today and everyday.

Well done Dads.

And Happy Father's day to my Dad. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

desultory wrote: »
    I found out today that I'm going to be a father :)

Congratulations! (And best of luck for next 20 years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

There's a surprise present for ya! Congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Thank you, Lou.M. Being a total failure in the Reproduction Stakes, am lucky to have step children that regard me as their dad and step grandchildren that call me Poppa!
    Reason for the first sentence .......... was too busy sowing my wild oats (on barren soil) :(

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Congrats old young bean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

In by the skin of your teeth ..

Welcome aboard the Dad bus…

• Advertisement

auldgranny wrote: »
    Congratulations! (And best of luck for next 20 years)

That made me smile,(in a knowing that its a lot longer than 20 years luck he will need )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Many congratulations. What a wonderful gift to get. Enjoy the day. Next years one will be even better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

An alcoholic breakfast sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I found out today that I'm going to be a father :eek:
    FYP;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ah Fathers day!

Am sat in bed having just drunk the OJ and Coffee that was brought up to me.
    The bread is in the oven and I am reliably informed that sausages and egg rolls are been prepared and will be brought up too. Hope they remember to put a dash of ketchup in there.

No sign yet of the newspaper been delivered....

Have also been given a pair of Pjamas...standard fathers day gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just been given a hand made card and a bottle of pure pot still whiskey. Not sure how the kids got served in the off licence.

Is it too early for a drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Fathers day and my first lye in for months and some muppet is out mowing his lawn at 10 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i found today im going to be a mother, and im a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

stimpson wrote: »
    Just been given a hand made card and a bottle of pure pot still whiskey. Not sure how the kids got served in the off licence.

Never too early for good whiskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Fathers day and my first lye in for months and some muppet is out mowing his lawn at 10 am.

10am IS a lye in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A five pack of socks ,a large toblerone,hair gel,,deodorant and book about Robert Plant

jellyboy wrote: »
    That made me smile,(in a knowing that its a lot longer than 20 years luck he will need )

The guy has just found out. To say 20 was enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

My 5 years old daughter stayed in my place last night, for first time since 6 months ago I separated from wife. My daughter will be always part of my life . she went sleep while i was singing lullaby .. like long time ago . I am proud to be a father.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

10am IS a lye in.

Oh well the troops have landed to liberate me from my bed in true D Day style.

In our family my mother was the one who ran the house. She was vocal, making decisions, running us around. My dad was the quiet one but was the one with the ear, the one we could talk to. He taught us to swim and to fish, he brought us for walks. He supported us financially but also emotionally.He was the one who really guided our lives. 20 years since he died and I miss him so much.

Happy Father's Day Dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

I wish I could wish my dad a happy fathers day but I can't bring myself to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

caustic 1 wrote: »
    I wish I could wish my dad a happy fathers day but I can't bring myself to do it.

As Nike say....Just Do It.

vicwatson wrote: »
    As Nike say....Just Do It.

I won't mean it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

CONGRATS!

stimpson wrote: »

Not today ! It's your day!

With all my heart I hope this is resolved in the way that is best for you.

I don't know what is best either way....so i just hope for what is best for you.

HUGS OPx

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Now this is a nice post!!

Congrats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awwww that's so cute! Was it a big surprise? How did you find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

There are many of us here who wish we could have one last chance to wish our dads a happy fathers day, but cant as they are no longer with us.
    I hope you work it out!

• Advertisement

Thats some poor kid giving his dad a day off ..

Bask in the noise of your fellow man lying in bed

Headphones work as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

jellyboy wrote: »
    Thats some poor kid giving his dad a day off ..

Bask in the noise of your fellow man lying in bed

eh...no, that's the sound of a poor kid been sent outside so mummy can give daddy his fathers day present ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I got lovely emails & pics of the cards my boys made for me.
    They said that they'll treat me when I get home next weekend.
    Can't wait. :)

:o I teared up reading your post. Chuffed for you, you seem so proud.

Aw... :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

wexie wrote: »
    eh...no, that's the sound of a poor kid been sent outside so mummy can give daddy his fathers day present ;)
    Well the noise of the lawnmower will give mummy a headache so that wont work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm just waiting to meet my dad and family for lunch. The past year has been difficult for us and it's made me appreciate my family more than I ever did.
    I've a few friends who've lost their dads recently and I'm sure today is difficult for them.
    so Happy Fathers Day to all the dads and thinking of those who don't have their dads around.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, wasn't expecting that kinda response!

Eh well we've had a few pregnancy 'scares' in the past we'll say so a lot of tests have been bought, only difference was my girlfriend today text me saying that we won't have to buy them anymore, as she's gone through five and they're all saying positive..

I thought I'd be scared..or unhappy..but no. Good times :)

Congratulations to you both. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Mar4ix wrote: »
    My 5 years old daughter stayed in my place last night, for first time since 6 months ago I separated from wife.
    Six months seems so long - really hope you're able to see your daughter often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Any love here for the stepdads?
    Gave mine a card and a copy of Lone Survivor and Dallas Buyer's Club. He was very happy with that seeing as he's an avid film collector who got me into movies in a big way. Cheers to my stepdad for being a stand up guy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had cards made by my kids waiting for me this morning at breakfast.Headed out for a round of golf then.

I was puzzled by a workmate more or less chastising me for playing golf on father's day.My answer was "it's Father's Day,wtf do you expect me to do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

It was so nice seeing all the Facebook messages about Father's Day today. Theres a lot of love in the room :-)

Lotta men out there who are doing the best they can and they deserve a bit of credit now and then. Men are great in general and I think girlies on AH gotta give them a big high five today.

Till tha morning anyway, then it's a long year of subtle payback till ya next day off :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No lie in as i was told to "come downstairs" as an 8 year old was having a meltdown with her sister. Then cooked the breakfast fry and cleared up the mess afterwards.

Spent all day dumping rubbish and clearing out junk for the house move that's taking place. Then i cooked the dinner, did the clean up, washed the kids and put them to bed. Just received a bollocking for "losing" the sweeping brush even though i haven't been here all day to even hide it.

Now starting to make the school lunches.

What day was it again??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

mfceiling wrote: »
    No lie in as i was told to "come downstairs" as an 8 year old was having a meltdown with her sister. Then cooked the breakfast fry and cleared up the mess afterwards.

Spent all day dumping rubbish and clearing out junk for the house move that's taking place. Then i cooked the dinner, did the clean up, washed the kids and put them to bed. Just received a bollocking for "losing" the sweeping brush even though i haven't been here all day to even hide it.

Now starting to make the school lunches.

What day was it again??

Ahh come on, did ya not get a handmade card with pasta and packing chips stuck on. Dribbled with PVA glue and a sprinkling of glitter. It can't have been as bad as your making out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Ahh come on, did ya not get a handmade card with pasta and packing chips stuck on. Dribbled with PVA glue and a sprinkling of glitter. It can't have been as bad as your making out ?

Got a handmade card on friday with a picture of a crocodile on it...i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

McChubbin wrote: »
    Any love here for the stepdads?
    Gave mine a card and a copy of Lone Survivor and Dallas Buyer's Club. He was very happy with that seeing as he's an avid film collector who got me into movies in a big way. Cheers to my stepdad for being a stand up guy! :D
    You should have given him a copy of The Stepfather http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094035/
    My brother's a stepdad, I told him to watch that movie today. :)
    He called me a cat mammy, the phucker. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Magaggie wrote: »
    You should have given him a copy of The Stepfather http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094035/
    My brother's a stepdad, I told him to watch that movie today. :)
    He called me a cat mammy, the phucker. :pac:
    Hahaha! That's brilliant! Totally doing this next year! :D

Advertisement