Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs date

• 15-06-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I'm very stuck. my debs is this summer and I don't have a date, I wanted to go on my own for quite a while but ive began to get close to a girl and I was thinking about asking her, that being said she wont know anyone there as shes from a different area and I dont want to tear off in the middle of the thing and leave her on her own, I also never bought two tickets and now that the deadline is gone its gonna be harder to get an extra ticket, I like her and i think she likes me and im worried if i dont ask her then maybe things wont happen between us! just need some advice? a few of my friends aren't bringing anyone so i wanted to have a good night with them too..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ask her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

I'd just go with your friends instead. Most people end up leaving their date during the night to spend time with their friends anyway, so you wouldn't be tied down. This will probably be one of the last nights you'll spend out with most of the people from your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sniper51

Ask her.

I want to but I don't wanna leave her on her own at any time which I know is gonna happen as ill go messin with the lads! shes shy too and i dont want to make it uncomfortable for her..

I'd just go with your friends instead. Most people end up leaving their date during the night to spend time with their friends anyway, so you wouldn't be tied down. This will probably be one of the last nights you'll spend out with most of the people from your school.

do you think she really cares if she gets to go with me? kind of worried that she'll get fed up of me if i don't ask her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

This will probably be one of the last nights you'll spend out with most of the people from your school.

Yeah. There's a good reason for that :D

Find out if you can get a ticket first, if you can get one ask her. You will have loads of time to get her chatting to other people at the table so she can mix with the others.

Worse case scenario she doesn't get on with anyone and is very lonely by about 12:00 and grips onto you for dear life. Sooooooo win/win ;)

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Ask her and get the ride man.

plmko wrote: »
    Ask her and get the ride man.

Ha it's not all about that :p I've decided to ask her anyways if I manage to get a ticket today, i know I'd end up regretting not asking her!
    thanks lads :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Let us know how it goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Dude your just gonna have to sacrifice some of your time with the lads if you wanna get the ride that night. Don't leave her on her own.

Dude your just gonna have to sacrifice some of your time with the lads if you wanna get the ride that night. Don't leave her on her own.

I don't want to leave her on her own but the lads will try n drag me away :P still haven't heard anything back about a ticket yet though! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Sniper51 wrote: »
    I don't want to leave her on her own but the lads will try n drag me away :P still haven't heard anything back about a ticket yet though! :/

Hopefully you can still get a ticket.

The "deadline" for buying our tickets was well over a month ago and I bought none but I'm not going to let that stop me going. Managed to sort it out and am buying two in the next few weeks. I think the deadline is more to get people to actually pay up as otherwise people would just wait until the very last moment, rather than an actual concrete deadline.

I am asking a girl to go with me tomorrow night, or Tuesday night, so hoping for the best. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't have a girl to take yet.
    I'm not to bothered either, just looking forward to a piss up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Stress of asking a girl ughhh
    Why cant we have like a mail order debs date just for the night that would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mkearn15

You never know until you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KezzCoakley

Sniper51 wrote: »
    Hello not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I'm very stuck. my debs is this summer and I don't have a date, I wanted to go on my own for quite a while but ive began to get close to a girl and I was thinking about asking her, that being said she wont know anyone there as shes from a different area and I dont want to tear off in the middle of the thing and leave her on her own, I also never bought two tickets and now that the deadline is gone its gonna be harder to get an extra ticket, I like her and i think she likes me and im worried if i dont ask her then maybe things wont happen between us! just need some advice? a few of my friends aren't bringing anyone so i wanted to have a good night with them too..

Dude ask her!!!

Advertisement