Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone cladding labour price

Options
  • 15-06-2014 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

How much would it cost to fit approx. 5 metres squared of stone cladding, just the labour excluding the materials cost?

I am thinking of cladding a small area of a back garden wall. Does anyone know the usual cost per square metre for this kind of work?
    It's not the full walling stone, it's the thinner cladding and it would be going on to a just a normal wall that's already plastered & painted.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

How much would it cost to fit approx. 5 metres squared of stone cladding, just the labour excluding the materials cost?

I am thinking of cladding a small area of a back garden wall. Does anyone know the usual cost per square metre for this kind of work?
    It's not the full walling stone, it's the thinner cladding and it would be going on to a just a normal wall that's already plastered & painted.
    Thanks

For a small area, you can expect to pay anything from €60/80 a m2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭valderrama1

I suppose it would be a full day's work so that makes sense. Still expensive though between labour and materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

download.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

For a small area, you can expect to pay anything from €60/80 a m2.

Sounds about right.. see the man's work though and make sure your cladding is a single batch as different batchs wont allow him to spread the differences you have with natural products. If its a larger area, depends on what cladding you are working with; expect to pay ~€50.. if you need a recommendation in the west, PM me if you want the lad I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chicago90

Hey guys,
    I'm building a new house and I would love to have timber cladding on the porch but I don't want it to fade over time. I was looking at wpc cladding but I can't find anywhere in Ireland that does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Chicago90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'm building a new house and I would love to have timber cladding on the porch but I don't want it to fade over time. I was looking at wpc cladding but I can't find anywhere in Ireland that does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is the second thread you've posted in that refers to stone cladding and your asking about timber. ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Thanks

€35 to €45 per sqm plus stone and bonding.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Thanks

The wall will have to be fitted with galv steel lathe mesh,as the adhesive will not adhere to paint and the cladding will fall off from its own weight.
    You have 3 options,option 1 above or else power wash off the existing paint back to bare plaster surface or chisel off the plaster to bare brick work so the adhesive and cladding have a good clean surface and get a good key too.Personally speaking I would use an sds drill and a wide spade chisel and chisel off the plaster and paint on the wall you want to install the cladding on.
    Most cladding manufacturers specify that the cladding must be installed on good clean sound brick surface to ensure the product stays on the wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

make sure they can do it,many bricklayers cant

Thew Z Stone multi slate cladding I installed weighs 65 kilos per square meter.Thats alot more weight to be adding to an existing wall.So bear that in mind with regards to whatever cladding you are installing.You will be placing alot more weight on the existing wall footings,and you may need to underpin and strengthen the existing footings if they are not deep and wide enough to take the extra weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Chicago90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Try Parklex cladding

Thew Z Stone multi slate cladding I installed weighs 65 kilos per square meter.Thats alot more weight to be adding to an existing wall.So bear that in mind with regards to whatever cladding you are installing.You will be placing alot more weight on the existing wall footings,and you may need to underpin and strengthen the existing footings if they are not deep and wide enough to take the extra weight.

Would a wall made that's a single cavity block wide be able to hold that kind of weight?

Would a wall made that's a single cavity block wide be able to hold that kind of weight?

Depending on the height of the wall and also the depth and width of the footings then I cant see why not.Make sure that you have a wide enough capping too,so that you still have a nice overhang on the wall capping when you install Z-Stone cladding.The walls I did have a capping overhang of just on 35mm which is just enough with the Z-Stone installed.

Thanks I actually don't know how wide the footings are because this is a second hand house and the garage was built 20 years ago... but the wall is about 2.5 metres high. I suppose if you were determined you could to the foundation of the wall to support it?
    I thought the same about the capping. I have a fairly wide capping but with the width of the facing stone it could be fairly tight.

Thanks I actually don't know how wide the footings are because this is a second hand house and the garage was built 20 years ago... but the wall is about 2.5 metres high. I suppose if you were determined you could to the foundation of the wall to support it?
    I thought the same about the capping. I have a fairly wide capping but with the width of the facing stone it could be fairly tight.

No harm to screw the top row of cladding to the wall give added grip and anchorage to the wall if its that height.Z Clad recommend it for walls of more than 2 meters in height.

Advertisement