Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 17th Jun 19:00 STCOLM Accenture

• 15-06-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Getting this done now as we have ANOTHER god damn early game, seriously is it me or do we play way more of these than other teams?

Anyway lets get the league challenge back on track

Cathal -
    Ciaran -
    Cillian - In
    Conor -
    Damo -
    Darren -
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules -
    Keith - In
    Kings -
    SteK -
    SteMcd - In
    Julius - In
    Brian -
    Ste Heggo -In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm in if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Traffic should be lighter, but let's try to get everyone there on time so we can a bit of a warm up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I'm in if needed.

yep, see you there, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

I'm in!

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - out
    Cillian - In
    Conor -
    Damo - In
    Darren - in
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules - in
    Keith - In
    Kings -
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - In
    Julius - In
    Brian -
    Ste Heggo -In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In

Any advice on getting there from city centre, 45 minute drive or so?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Should be there about that, route is preferential but you can get onto the n81 or probably easier is up though dundrum and onto the M50, traffic is pretty light southbound on the n11 so you could try sandyford too

• Advertisement

Just did a six-aside tonight and the sun made it almost unplayable. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow with the early kickoff we have but I'd say we should definitely try to shoot against the sun first half if we win the toss.

Time to break out the Edgar Davids I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same, I played in Benildus @ 9 last night and it was blinding going one way for the whole first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Me cousin Brian can't make it too early a ko for him to make it back to Dublin
    So super hope Conor makes it this week :O

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - out
    Cillian - In
    Conor - in
    Damo - In
    Darren - in
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - In
    Kings -
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - In
    Julius - In
    Brian - away
    Ste Heggo -In
    Dave - in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody driving from Stillorgan area around 6?

if you can get yourself to my place Ed i can give you a lift, ill be cycling so tight on time getting home

if you can get yourself to my place Ed i can give you a lift, ill be cycling so tight on time getting home

Just had an image of Keith giving Ed a crossbar to the match via the M50 :D

hopping in with Murtagh!

Good win, persevered through the 1st half and it paid off in the 2nd, some great finishing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Hopefully we can go on a bit of a run at times we made Accenture look better than they actually are but a wins a win and let's look forward to the next game
    Which we should just be a little wary of Exeter took points off ball alley so they might be up for a game next week

Yeah big time, the heat was tough and in the first half it was impossible to look forward into that sun.

Need 3 points next week but you're right Derek Exeter will definitely be up for it

nice win, they caused us problems at times, especially in the first 10 minutes of both halves and the last 5 mins.

the last result against them apart, they always give us a good game and they are much better than their league position shows. i have a feeling that tall lad in midfield is a new recruit and they probably were missing a few more of the lads they had last night earlier in the season.

if they put that same 14 or 15 lads out most weeks, they will take points off the teams around us.

all in all, very pleasing 3 points considering out recent blip and one more slip up from BallAlley puts the league back in our hands. long way to go yet but alot more positive last night than recent weeks.

I used to work for them and was talking to one lad who said they were short players last night so had a few non regulars in, himself included. Not sure if that means they will be stronger other weeks or vice versa but he was one of their better players last night.

Thought they caused a few problems from corners but it was more down to a lack of organisation on our part, need to get players marked as soon as the ball goes out of play so everyone knows what they're doing early.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I used to work for them and was talking to one lad who said they were short players last night so had a few non regulars in, himself included. Not sure if that means they will be stronger other weeks or vice versa but he was one of their better players last night.

well considering they have yet to win a game and gave us a very decent game, id say it makes them stronger! that team they had out last night would and will pick up points as the league goes on, hopefully they take something off Ballalley or BNY.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In the heat, the first goal was always going to be big and demoralising for the side who didn't get it - particularly the longer it went goalless.

They wilted for 15 minutes after the first goal and yous got enough in the bank to withstand their late pressure.

Advertisement