Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in Cobh next week?

Options
  • 15-06-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what traffic is going to be like on the approaches to Cobh next Wednesday on? Wednesday should be light enough, I guess, but I expect Thursday-Sunday to be busy busy busy. Gates open at 7am, according to the website, so traffic is going to be mental from 6am, but pretty much clear before rush hour starts? Or will it be solid traffic around there for the duration pretty much? I live in Carrigtwohill and trying to decide if I should pull a sickie next week :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

The turn off for Cobh is only to be used for the golf traffic during the competition
    The cobh traffic is to be diverted off the cobh road at dog lodge and into carrigtowhil and will use Junction 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

corblimey wrote: »
    I live in Carrigtwohill and trying to decide if I should pull a sickie next week :pac:

won't be half obvious, go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Hmm, that's what I read on the AA site, too, although it's not really clear how people get to/from Cobh for those 4 days - turn right opp Fota Island and go around the back roads to Barryscourt? I'm guessing that will make things worse in Carrigtwohill rather than better. I feel a cold coming on, hope the weather is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

If you were stuck,you could go the long way around and use the ferry for the week.How much is a weekly ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If you were stuck,you could go the long way around and use the ferry for the week.How much is a weekly ticket?

don't even think about it, we're currently enjoying the non-congested Rochestown Road and would like to continue to do so for the rest of the summer

weekly ferry ticket costs €12,500 anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Last time, the road main was closed and access to the golf was by pass or ticket.

Cobh traffic proceeded to Carrightwohill and took a back road to Cobh which effectively bypasses the Fota Traffic.

Worked well enough I though on the occasions that I visited Cobh on business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

weekly ferry ticket costs €12,500 anyway ;)

I thought I could buy a ferry for twelve thousand and five hundred Euro. No wonder that I avoid it. :pac:

Advertisement