Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the green line in the address bar doing?

Options
  • 15-06-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

What is the green line at the top tracking right thru the address bar doing?
    My folder doesn't load until it's completed. W 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mrtom wrote: »
    What is the green line at the top tracking right thru the address bar doing?
    My folder doesn't load until it's completed. W 7.

Loading status

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

The folder contains just 2.1 Gb and is the only one not to load instantly.
    "Loading status" takes several seconds before files appear. Odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mrtom wrote: »
    The folder contains just 2.1 Gb and is the only one not to load instantly.
    "Loading status" takes several seconds before files appear. Odd?

Nope not odd. 2.1gb is pretty big. It opens the folder the loads the files. The greenbar is when its loading the files in the folder

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

ted1 wrote: »
    Nope not odd. 2.1gb is pretty big. It opens the folder the loads the files. The greenbar is when its loading the files in the folder
    library
    Thing is my video library folder is 17.7 Gb with 21 folders & files & loads in a second. Am reading that library folder optimisation setting is the solution.
    I dont have that setting for my downloads folder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What kinds of files are in there? I get this sometimes too, e.g. if there's a corrupt video file that Windows tries to make a thumbnail of and fails, or .zip/.rar/packed .exe files with thousands of small files in and you have an AV that is set to scan archives for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement