Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a wall built, can anyone recommend a builder?

• 15-06-2014 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

We need a small amount of garden wall built, it's only about 2 metres long and 6 foot high. I got one quote but the guy wanted a grand to do it, so he obviously didn't want to take on such a small job. I'd appreciate any good recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Whereabouts are you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If area is Ennis & surrounds PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Wow a grand he obviously didn't want that job or thinks highly off himself.I Just finished a 42ft long by 1.8 meter wall today even that wouldn't cost a grand more like around the 300 quid mark. Is it just a normal wall, retaining or boundary wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

jonon9 wrote: »
    Wow a grand he obviously didn't want that job or thinks highly off himself.I Just finished a 42ft long by 1.8 meter wall today even that wouldn't cost a grand more like around the 300 quid mark. Is it just a normal wall, retaining or boundary wall?

It's just a normal garden boundary wall. The neighbours on either side of us have walls so we only need the bit at the end of our garden done. There's a fence there so it'd need a foundation dug. We only want a breeze block wall with caps, the same as what's on either side of us. We don't want it plastered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Just did a quick rough price and the total cost would be in the region of

Blockwork: between €50-60 I used a €120 per block charging number. There's roughly 40-50 blocks on your wall without piers.

Digging and laying concrete should be no more than €100 it's not that big a wall.

Cost of blocks cement etc another €100

Labour €120.

Total €380 give or take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

jonon9 wrote: »
    Just did a quick rough price and the total cost would be in the region of

Blockwork: between €50-60 I used a €120 per block charging number. There's roughly 40-50 blocks on your wall without piers.

Digging and laying concrete should be no more than €100 it's not that big a wall.

Cost of blocks cement etc another €100

Labour €120.

Total €380 give or take.

Ye have the job! :D:D

As it says in the title really. We need a small boundary wall built and so far any number I ring in the golden pages is no longer in use:confused: I've avoided calling builders as I don't think it's a big enough job for a builer. If anyone can PM me the names and numbers of anyone they'd recommend I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to get a wall put up before the fence falls down.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

There were unforeseen expenses that meant delaying the wall build. Several numbers I was given for quotes are no longer in service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

As it says in the title really. We need a small boundary wall built and so far any number I ring in the golden pages is no longer in use:confused: I've avoided calling builders as I don't think it's a big enough job for a builer. If anyone can PM me the names and numbers of anyone they'd recommend I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to get a wall put up before the fence falls down.:)

PM sent

marzic

We found someone, so hopefully it'll all be done by the end of next week. I really wouldn't have thought that it would be so difficult to find someone. After all it's a small job, cash in hand. But most of the numbers I rang are no longer in service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If you had told us what part of the County you were in you could have a few more phone numbers got.

Advertisement