Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally took the plunge!

Options
  • 15-06-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

So after reading thread upon thread on here I finally took the plunge and moved on from my cigalike!
    I gave up smoking 18mths ago and went onto the smokegreen cigalikes, they worked fine (most of the time) and I honestly thought I would stick with them but in the last few months just found the carts have become very inconsistant. The availability of the carts was also an issue for me - sometimes the desk in my local shopping centre was unattended leaving me with nothing

I made the decision to move onto the refillable ego type in the last few days after reading alot of stuff on here and looking at the various types available. I wasnt looking for anything complicated ie vw, twist, etc etc so narrowed it down to the ego 900mah with a refillable clearo.

I almost ordered a kanger evod starter kit but happened to discover that smokegreen have just started selling an almost identical setup except the batteries are 900 as opposed to the kanger being 650 so went with the smokegreen set and have ordered the evod clearos and coils from thebestshop as the ones that I got are disposable and from what i read on here the evods are a good choice!

So just want to say thank you to all the posters that posted recommendations etc as I hadnt a clue about any of the stuff til I read on here.........now onto trying new liquids :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So smoke green are now on to second gen devices, good to see them moving with the customer base.
    Check that the smoke green one is ego threaded, their cartos were not 510 as I recall and they may do the same with their second gen stuff. To keep the customer in the smoke green 'environment' as apple say.
    I doubt they did as it would need a factory to retool ego heads but you never know.
    Oh and you wont regret it, far more satisfying vape, once you get used to the spiting and occasional leak. :D
    Next thing you know it'll be a mech mod and rda, sub ohm coil and only artisan juices imported from the Virgin Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

tommy2bad wrote: »
    So smoke green are now on to second gen devices, good to see them moving with the customer base.
    Check that the smoke green one is ego threaded, their cartos were not 510 as I recall and they may do the same with their second gen stuff. To keep the customer in the smoke green 'environment' as apple say.
    I doubt they did as it would need a factory to retool ego heads but you never know.
    Oh and you wont regret it, far more satisfying vape, once you get used to the spiting and occasional leak. :D
    Next thing you know it'll be a mech mod and rda, sub ohm coil and only artisan juices imported from the Virgin Islands.

Ahhh that last paragraph is like gobildygook to me lol

Well im hoping its standard ego thread - the box said premium ego kit (2 batteries + 2 clearos) and the woman I spoke to at the counter the other day said some other customer said their stuff is compatible with other bits - then again the girl I bought it off today said she wasnt sure but having said that she wasnt to 'in touch' with the product bar knowing prices and telling me they sold all the replacables :-)

The difference in vape is clear already, so far so good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Smoke green are definitely getting lot popular..Even I have got one recently and will recommend it to others..

Just a quick update - my new evod clearos arrived this morning and can confirm they do work with the smokegreen batteries - a little terthing problem with one but sorted it.

Delighted now that ive moved on from the cigalikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kiii

Hi everyone- basically im a novice looking for a bit of advice- i have been off tobacco for over 3 weeks and have been using an 1300mah ego with smok redux coils and an itaste mvp with iclear30 coils. i used to smoke about 30 cigs a day previously and found 24mg not strong enough so i changed to camel 36mg which i find ok but fairly strong. i have a few questions that people might be able to answer...
    1- how often do i need to change iclear30 heads(not sure how much liquid i use)
    2-how often to replace smok redux heads?
    3-which clearomiser is best for an ego-i was thinking of trying evod.
    4-on my itaste mvp, what is the correct set up to get a good hard draw and get a t least 2 days out of it before charging.
    5- what is the correct way to drag on e cigs- is it a long 4 second drag, then hold it in mouth and exhale?
    6- i have been using 36 mg- is that too strong, and can i mix it with 24mg?
    8- this is prob a difficult question to answer, but could someone give an idea of what they would use in a month smoking(if they had to go live on an island-with electricty- )e.g how many coils etc.
    i probably have left something out, but i really dotn want to go back smoking tobacco, and i know that if i have to many days where i cant get a hit of my e cigs ill think about going back to the real thing. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

36 is very strong, 18 would probably be the norm. I used to smoke about 8 cafe cream a day and I found 18 ok for the first few weeks, then moved down to 10/12.

What juice are yiu using? It could be that what you need is a bigger throat hit. This doesn't always mean a higher nic content. Try upping the power on the MVP, around 8 watts is the general sweet spot, but this will vary.

I usually take slow vapers, probably 6 8 seconds.

Coils usually last a week, with the average usage of 3 to 4ml a day. This may change depending on the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kiii

hi thanks for reply- on my itaste mvp i am usually using 4.8 to 10.5. i would be on maybe 1ml a day at the most. maybe i am amn't dry burning the coils well enough to re-use them- i am also unsure about what ohm coils to use with which battery-i am using different brands of liquid and not sure of the vg/pg content and what difference it makes- am still off tobacco anyway which is the main thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

kiii wrote: »
    ...am still off tobacco anyway which is the main thing! :)

That's brilliant mate, 30 a day to 0 is no mean feat, well done. Regardless of all the other good (and fun) things about vaping the best thing is all the cigarettes you avoid imo. Massive benefits without massive pain, who'd have thunk it.

Personally I vape by inhaling into my mouth, opening it up and inhaling down mixed with air like a French inhale. I tend to chain vape unfortunately but have got my juice down to about 4ml a day at 12mg. Juice is a big factor ime, if a juice is bothering you/not working don't overthink it and check the consensus etc. just move on. Whatever works for you on a noticeable level is good imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

kiii wrote: »
    hi thanks for reply- on my itaste mvp i am usually using 4.8 to 10.5. i would be on maybe 1ml a day at the most. maybe i am amn't dry burning the coils well enough to re-use them- i am also unsure about what ohm coils to use with which battery-i am using different brands of liquid and not sure of the vg/pg content and what difference it makes- am still off tobacco anyway which is the main thing! :)

If you're using the watts setting, then the coil won't make too much difference. A higher ohm coil will give you a longer battery life though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Congratulations for your 18 months smoke free life.. I am new to vaping and hope will be able to quit smoking one day..

Congratulations for your 18 months smoke free life.. I am new to vaping and hope will be able to quit smoking one day..

Thank you. I just went straight from cigs to vaping, it did take a few days to get used to but havnt looked back since and couldnt even imagine goin back now! Best if luck with it, you will get there - vape more smoke less :-)

Advertisement