Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Golf Society

• 15-06-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Myself and a few friends have set up a golf society based in Dublin 15.. It started off as a trial and seems to be going quiet well. Now we are trying to up the ante and get more people in to split the society in to two groups (Beginner,intermediate). If anyone is interested let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

PiNgWiZaRd wrote: »
    Myself and a few friends have set up a golf society based in Dublin 15.. It started off as a trial and seems to be going quiet well. Now we are trying to up the ante and get more people in to split the society in to two groups (Beginner,intermediate). If anyone is interested let me know.

I'd close the society to new members before I'd split it into two groups. Sure most of the craic of playing society golf is newbies and more experienced golfers playing together....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PiNgWiZaRd

Benny Cake wrote: »
    I'd close the society to new members before I'd split it into two groups. Sure most of the craic of playing society golf is newbies and more experienced golfers playing together....

Cheers Benny I just meant competing for two different prizes and two different leagues but not splitting people up while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishnige

Yes interested i live in clonsilla and have experience of aranging golf outings etc, i dont have a gui but 18 for me would be fair

Irishnige wrote: »
    Yes interested i live in clonsilla and have experience of aranging golf outings etc, i dont have a gui but 18 for me would be fair
    Excellent we have all levels here. Pm me if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

Would we need to have an official GUI to take part?

I've only gotten back at it and shot just under 100 last time out.

Would love to get some competition going though as its hard to stay motivated playing a one ball.

• Advertisement

pakman wrote: »
    Would we need to have an official GUI to take part?

I've only gotten back at it and shot just under 100 last time out.

Would love to get some competition going though as its hard to stay motivated playing a one ball.

No not at all. You will be given a society handicap after 3 cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

where and when do you play?

stevieob wrote: »

Have a calender on our Facebook page..I'll send you a link.

stevieob wrote: »

Have a calender on our Facebook page..I'll send you a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Damien_d12

is this society running in 2015?

• Advertisement

Damien_d12 wrote: »
    is this society running in 2015?

It is running from February 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wiillaah

I'm thinking I'd like to join something like this..Are you taking on new members?

We are always looking for new members...

Join the page to keep updated with whats going on. Our AGM is in January where we will confirm the details for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

How much is it to join , and how many outings per year ?

hammerdub wrote: »
    How much is it to join , and how many outings per year ?

We are looking at 50 joining fee from next year to cover prizes for every outing and it will run from Feb to Nov the last Saturday of every month so 10

Advertisement