Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Swallowed Abroad

Options
  • 15-06-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am currently travelling in Latin America and my credit card was unfortunately swallowed by an ATM machine in San Jose, Costa Rica. I contacted the bank, Banco de Costa Rica, to try to retrieve it but I did not have any success and it seems they only open it once per week and by the time they open it, I will already have left Costa Rica. 

Is my only option to cancel the card and order a new one to be sent to my home address in Ireland?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Albert_Roi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear of your situation while abroad.  If you have not already done so, we would suggest contacting Credit Card Services on 00353 56 775 7747 and a representative will advise what options are available to receive a replacement card. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement