Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped off?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you complain the next day with details of the exact time and till they can find the order. As long as you complain in a timely manner there's multiple ways they will know if it's genuine complaint. OP said they don't want to make a complaint afaik only complain on boards because they don't want anything in return but nothing improves if no one complains.

People can complain without receipts. :p

There was never an option on the tills in Supermacs in the two years I was there, to see anything bar the last 10 orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pardon?
    Where have I made unsubstantiated claims?
    The above was a POSSIBILITY and an answer to a question I was asked by another poster.
    There is nothing unsubstantiated - I paid for items that I didn't receive. Simple as.

Chicken goujon meal is about €7 something for a large, and a curry chips is about €3.30. So it WOULD be about €9 something, if not a bit more. It's always just a plain chips that has been missing in the scenarios above.

Probably, but it doesn't excuse paying for something on different occasions and having something missing in the order. It's misleading and dishonest.

The part thats unsubstantiated is where you claim that staff in the branch are stealing, you dont know this, its speculation, yet you're quite happy to claim so in a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

OP, you clearly don't know anything about the basics of working a till in a place like Supermacs..

1. The customer can see each item being entered by operator, the subtotal, cash tendered and change due!

2. They are heavily monitored by CCTV.

3. Each bag of chips is not accounted for. They don't need to leave you short to steal money!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This post has been deleted.

The receipt is for the OP so that they can compare what they *think* they ordered against what is entered into the till. It's to eliminate that source of possible error. It's best to do it there and then - you may not remember what you ordered the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

dudara wrote: »
    The receipt is for the OP so that they can compare what they *think* they ordered against what is entered into the till. It's to eliminate that source of possible error. It's best to do it there and then - you may not remember what you ordered the next morning.

With drink taken you may not remember what you ordered by the time you get it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

With drink taken you may not remember what you ordered by the time you get it. :)

Which is why I'm suggesting getting the receipt as soon as you've paid. I'm trying to reduce the window for memory loss here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

In order to make some complaints, you'll need to get receipts detailing what you ordered and paid for, then proof of what you received. Unfortunately, without these pieces it's just an unsubstantiated claim.

I wonder how many "late-night" customer believe they have ordered one thing, but in reality have not? Not saying this in your case, but the added factor of alcohol surely doesn't help matters.

You're not saying this is in my case, yet insinuating so.
    I know what was ordered, and what was handed in. Either they charged me & just didn't give me the full order, or they short changed me. Either way, I'm out of pocket.

If you complain the next day with details of the exact time and till they can find the order. As long as you complain in a timely manner there's multiple ways they will know if it's genuine complaint. OP said they don't want to make a complaint afaik only complain on boards because they don't want anything in return but nothing improves if no one complains.

People can complain without receipts. :p

Did I ?? Where did I say that? This thread was meant to be an alert for people in case they found themselves in a similar situation. Along the way, I have gathered informative advice through some posters. I said I didn't want to make a 'big fuss', I didn't say I wouldn't complain. In fact, I always had intended on making a complaint and without scrolling through my previous posts here, I think I alluded to that.

By wanting nothing in return, I should clarify that I want nothing more than good customer service.

You've been aching to get a dig in since the beginning so I'm glad you've had your chance :- ) As I've said, I know what I ordered and what I received. I'm not some paralytic drunk who can barely stand. They can check CCTV all they like. Just not 5/10 minutes before I'm to get the last bus home :-)

What happened to the 'not saying it's in your case'??? :rolleyes:
    The part thats unsubstantiated is where you claim that staff in the branch are stealing, you dont know this, its speculation, yet you're quite happy to claim so in a public forum.

If by stealing, you mean not giving me what I .ordered, then yes I suppose I AM saying that. Not sure that would be my definition of stealing though.

My hypothetical situation with the money was in answer to a poster who queried how staff could possibly gain from it all

I'm bowing out of this now. I've gathered all of the information I require.

Thanks for the contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Its a burger or whatever you didn't get. Are you losing sleep over this?

Its hard work there with a hundred drunken sobs ordering food. Mistakes can happen. I ate in there a load of times and never had a problem, drunk and sober. Its your fault not theirs!

Just check your order next time jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

There was never an option on the tills in Supermacs in the two years I was there, to see anything bar the last 10 orders.

You are aware that every item that's checked into the cash register is uploaded to Supermacs head office every night.

Each till is also backed up to a store computer so just because you as a register operator can only see the last 10 orders doesn't mean there isn't a record of all transactions.

Staff ringing food into the till charging the customer and forgetting to put it into the bag do not benefit in any way shape or form from this, the benefit would be to the company they've sold a portion of chips but haven't had to hand out the product.

Supermacs are very proactive when dealing with complaints, so if it happens again I would suggest that the OP rings the store and makes a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You are aware that every item that's checked into the cash register is uploaded to Supermacs head office every night.

Each till is also backed up to a store computer so just because you as a register operator can only see the last 10 orders doesn't mean there isn't a record of all transactions.

Staff ringing food into the till charging the customer and forgetting to put it into the bag do not benefit in any way shape or form from this, the benefit would be to the company they've sold a portion of chips but haven't had to hand out the product.

Supermacs are very proactive when dealing with complaints, so if it happens again I would suggest that the OP rings the store and makes a complaint.

Even after working as a manager there, I was never made aware of that, so thanks for clearing that up :)

I did recommend the OP give the head office a shout, because they're good with customer complaints.

And if course, staff don't benefit at all from leaving somebody short on food.

I'd imagine it's basic human error, I've seen it happen plenty of times.

Or it could be a case where the person thought they ordered something different to what they actually ordered. I got that a lot. Customer would order a 5oz burger. In the 4 and a half minutes it took to cook, they became convinced that they ordered taco chips :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement