Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Technical Graphics Papers - Mon. June 16th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 15-06-2014 6:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Technical Graphics (OL and HL)
    Wednesday June 16th 2014

All discussion and questions about Technical Graphics papers goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DoktorFrog

Did anybody do Question 4 (Solids in contact / developments)?

For the development of Surface A, I also developed the little cylindrical spout on top! but nobody in my class did :(

Would you say I'd lose marks for doing the extra development of the cone on top of A?

All in all, it was a reaaally nice paper c: hehe lm looking forward to snuggling back up in bed and chilling ;)

-Will

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

DoktorFrog wrote: »
    Did anybody do Question 4 (Solids in contact / developments)?

For the development of Surface A, I also developed the little cylindrical spout on top! but nobody in my class did :(

Would you say I'd lose marks for doing the extra development of the cone on top of A?

All in all, it was a reaaally nice paper c: hehe lm looking forward to snuggling back up in bed and chilling ;)

-Will

I did 1,2,5 and 6, so I'm not sure how the development question works.... Ellipse and Transformations questions couldn't have gone better, but my orthographic projection was only middling and the rotation question was a disaster, only did 9 short questions out of 10 on top of that.

Mildly annoyed because I scraped an A in the mocks and worked to maintain that in the real thing, but it just didn't go my way today. On the bright side, it wasn't a complete disaster and I'm still hoping for a solid B

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭UnitedFan31

Paper was good:) I did 1,3,5,6 and managed most of the short questions. Got 72% in the mock and hadnt a clue what I was at for half of the test but was prepared for today but not sure what grade I might get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I did 1,2,5 and 6, so I'm not sure how the development question works.... Ellipse and Transformations questions couldn't have gone better, but my orthographic projection was only middling and the rotation question was a disaster, only did 9 short questions out of 10 on top of that.

Mildly annoyed because I scraped an A in the mocks and worked to maintain that in the real thing, but it just didn't go my way today. On the bright side, it wasn't a complete disaster and I'm still hoping for a solid B

I did 1 ,2, 5 & 6
    The rotation was the hardest I did yet. The ellipse question was easy enough. I got 12 out of 15 short questions done. The orthographic was easy did you get the true shape? Look at attachment for the cats tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

yep, got the true shape. A lot of people couldn't draw the cat's tail, in my class anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

yep, got the true shape. A lot of people couldn't draw the cat's tail, in my class anyway

How did you get the true shape did you take it frim your end view.thats what I did. I just guessed for the cats tail we never did similar parabolas

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

OL paper was piiiisssss obviously :pac: i think i lost 48 makes for neatness and accuracy though :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

I'm messed up my transformations :( but I was so happy that tangents didn't come up in the ellipse and parabola :)

Advertisement