Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ovulation help please

Options
  • 15-06-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Can ppl help me please

Me and hubby are ttc

Few qts please.

I have been keepin note of my periods for the last few mths...

March my phase was 27 days
    April 27 day
    May 27 days
    June was28 days ( im just not sure on this . This might b tmi but on day 27 I was cramping but no blood until day 28 - am I correct in sayin that my period happened on day 28?

So I had on my ttc calender app that in june I took my period on tuesday 2nd june and in june id my period for only 2 days (usually its 3 but im thinkin its because I put day 27 down to just cramps)

So then the app tells me the fertile window is from tuesday gone the 10th jine til tomoro with ovulation taking place today

Sorry if this is tmi but I just need help plz.... I was muscusy on friday and had intercourse..... the mucus was slimy almost.... saturday was more muscusy and like egg white..had intercourse that night

So just checked calender and ovulation is meant to be today so id forgot to take the ovulation test until today... done that at 5pm and just got the circle as a result on the test (usually a still smiley face means ovulation)

So im kinda disappointed.... have I missed ovulation. Usually my periods are like clockwork

Just so annoyed I think ive missed ovulation

Should we have intercourse tonight

Plz plz help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Can ppl help me please

Me and hubby are ttc

Few qts please.

I have been keepin note of my periods for the last few mths...

March my phase was 27 days
    April 27 day
    May 27 days
    June was28 days ( im just not sure on this . This might b tmi but on day 27 I was cramping but no blood until day 28 - am I correct in sayin that my period happened on day 28?

Yes.

Keep trying the opks (ovulation tests) for the rest of your cycle. If you keep getting empty circles then it's possible you had already ovulated before today. But that's ok coz you did the deed last Friday and Saturday. It's good to do the deed when you get the egg white cervical mucus like what you described you had on Saturday.

Phone apps cannot be relied upon for predicting ovulation date, certainly not as a stand alone way of predicting it. You should never rely on them and only them. You should use them in conjuction with temping or opks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The first time you use the clear blue opk you will always get a round circle this is used as the base and then the next day the reading is compared with the previous days reading and if the hormone has increased you may get a flashing smiley or a peak smiley. Always read the instructions on the opk.
    You could also consider taking your Basel body temps which is the only way to show you definitely ovulated.
    Fertility friend app is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Ah..good point Blingy! I hadn't thought of that. I never used Clear blues myself so only know about them anecdotally. Sounds like that's the problem petals rocks....you can't just start using that clear blue test around ovulation date, you have to start using it earlier so it can calibrate well before ovulation in order to give an accurate reading.

By the way you don't have this issue with cheapie opks (you can buy on ebay or amazon or adverts.ie or homehealth) you can start using them for the first time on any day and see if you get a second line.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

I never knew that about yhe clear blue tests! So thanks blingy. Also I done another test this morning and it was still the circle result. No smily face.

Had intercourse last night.

Very muscy today to (tmi)

Will look for the cheapie testers thanks
    Lucuma wrote: »
    Ah..good point Blingy! I hadn't thought of that. I never used Clear blues myself so only know about them anecdotally. Sounds like that's the problem petals rocks....you can't just start using that clear blue test around ovulation date, you have to start using it earlier so it can calibrate well before ovulation in order to give an accurate reading.

By the way you don't have this issue with cheapie opks (you can buy on ebay or amazon or adverts.ie or homehealth) you can start using them for the first time on any day and see if you get a second line.

Advertisement