Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs Honduras 20:00 RTE2/BBC1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mike65 wrote: »
    GOAL LINE TECH IN CRISIS!

Why, the ref got the system decision straight away and gave the goal.

Surely it was just the replay was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

"Which replay should we listen to?" What are the commentators on about no confusion it's over the line! What is with the confusion??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What are Hondoruas whinging about? The goal line technology isnt wrong ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Moneymaker wrote: »
    lol

Well, it was an own goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Now we know goal line technology is female. Make your mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Calm down BBC commentator. Its a clear goal

He made a right fool out of himself :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Benzema will hardly get that will he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Commentators lose the rag- clearly a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What's the controversy? The first attempt didn't go in, it then hit the keeper and went over. The game doesn't just stop because the first attempt didn't cross the line :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    What is wrong with the commentators on BBC?
    The tech worked

He thinks its the same incident - saying which replay do we believe .. idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What's the drama here? GLT showed it crossed the line after coming off the keeper. It was stupid though to flash up "no goal" after it hitting the post because that just gave Honduras hope.

BBC not happy as the GLT is German!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That was fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Honduras ain't finishing this game with 10.

the_monkey wrote: »
    He thinks its the same incident - saying which replay do we believe .. idiot.

Exactly. What are they saying about the most controversial decision yet?? Ridiculous commentating, no doubt it's a goal why are they making a big deal about it, it showed both incidents to clarify when it crossed the line, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Embarrassing commentary there on BBC - "Oh my God it's a goal, hang on no it's not. Oh the controversy! Wait it is a goal! What's going onnnnnnnnn?"

It was blatantly a goal according to the technology. We all knew it wasn't in when it hit the post ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That worked perfect and was pretty cool. Its the stupidity of people getting the better of them that causes the fuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Pearce's critical thinking abilities under scrutiny, what a tiresome bluster bag he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    What is wrong with the commentators on BBC?
    The tech worked

I really don't know what all the confusion is about. The commentator is going on about the first bit saying no goal and that its technically still in play then goes over the line so goal. What bloody technicality? Its in play then goes in. Idiots.

Ball hits post no goal flashes up,cue melt down in the BBC commentary box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What were they saying on BBC? I was watching on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

what is wrong with the BBC commentator even the co commentator shows its over the line. Yes the first instance should not have been shown also but it was over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nonsense from the BBC commentary team. The technology worked perfectly :confused:

THey're are still going on about it.

There were two incidents with the ball at the line and the system said no goal with one and carried on to the second and gave the goal.

What is wrong with that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pullerhair

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Exactly. What are they saying about the most controversial decision yet?? Ridiculous commentating, no doubt it's a goal why are they making a big deal about it, it should both incidents to clarify when it crossed the line, no complaints.

It didn't cross the line. The whole ball has to cross over the full width of the line. Looking from above you need to be able to see green between the the line and the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Be better off if they used the technology that was used in the EPL last season. The ball crosses the line and the ref get a signal to his watch. Simples. Too much delay with this other shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Does Peter Collins think the referee called a goal without the technology? :confused:
    Surely he knows about the referee watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Benzema will hardly get that will he?

Extremely doubtful. Has it been awarded it provisionally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Embarrassing commentary there on BBC - "Oh my God it's a goal, hang on no it's not. Oh the controversy! Wait it is a goal! What's going onnnnnnnnn?"

It was blatantly a goal according to the technology. We all knew it wasn't in when it hit the post ffs!

Isnt that the same guy who was commentating on robots fighting each other?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

That was fun.

I almost spilled my drink. It's okay, my other hand caught it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Honduras are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Filthy challenge. They'll be lucky to finish with 7 at this rate.

Nib wrote: »
    Be better off if they used the technology that was used in the EPL last season. The ball crosses the line and the ref get a signal to his watch. Simples. Too much delay with this other shite.

That's what they use. We just get wonderful . Replay animations.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. And they're STILL looking at replays.

I really don't know what all the confusion is about. The commentator is going on about the first bit saying no goal and that its technically still in play then goes over the line so goal. What bloody technicality? Its in play then goes in. Idiots.

It's Peter Collins and he was a little confused by the first incident but then got it from what I saw.

Pullerhair wrote: »
    It didn't cross the line.

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

How does this goal line technology work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jonathan Pearce is a tit, its an OG

Peter Collins,I changed over sounded like he was talking into a empty tube of Pringles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That was a weird one, it didnt look like it had completely crossed from the replays but from goal line technology it had just about. Not saying it hadnt gone in, just that its only a computer graphic we see.

I think it would be interesting to compare a real life camera in the crossbar to the graphic in incidents like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

It looks to me like the tech is calibrated to the front of the white line and not the back.
    Because in the real camera view it looks like 3/4 of the ball passed the line. But all the ball needs to cross.

Reminds me of the GAA problem when the calibration was done with a football not a sliotar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Honduras are the craic, I tell ya. They'd fit in in Semple Stadium with that tackling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes the first instance should not have been shown also but it was over the line

It should be shown because it shows its not Benzemas goal, then the 2nd one shows its an og. They've been showing replays of everything that's near the line in all matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hilarious commentary, I was cringing badly for the commentator, hoping Martin keown would pass him a note saying please stop embarrassing yourself

YayaBanana wrote: »

Referees watch tells him a goal has occurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

YayaBanana wrote: »

GPS and LASER beams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pullerhair wrote: »
    It didn't cross the line. The whole ball has to cross over the full width of the line. Looking from above you need to be able to see green between the the line and the ball.

It clearly went over the line the GLT isnt faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Benzema really should have done better there

• Advertisement

Valbuena cost me 5.5m on fantasy football, what a bargain.

Advertisement