Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Sionnach Relay 26/7-27/7

Options
  • 15-06-2014 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

sionnachrelay.com

I've always wanted to run one of these- My OH is from North Leitrim so no problem for me being down there for this...Anyone wanna join a team? Need 8, running 4x 8km each - cool set up w/ overnight entertainment and a hub etc... Any Sligo boardsies looking for a spare on this?

DQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The Brothers Pearse team don't want you :p but suggested that you contact the race organisers, there have been posts on their facebook page from teams who are short of runners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I hope you didn't end up in a team, has to be the worst organised race I've seen. They had no physiotherapist overnight, when people were really starting to pick up injuries - they expected the runners to keep going, but couldn't keep a physio there. Also the 'food' that they provided closed in the evening, showers were cold, and runners were getting lost because of poor signposting and next to no stewarding. Worst though, was they had routed the darkest hours through country roads, not through the well-lit town, and seem to have had no security/stewarding provided - a car pulled up beside one of the lone female runners and a passenger hopped out, but luckily another runner turned up right then - the people in the car claimed they were lost, and just wanted to ask directions.

I'd love to know where the €20,000+ the organisers would have cashed in went to.

Advertisement