Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd accomodation wailist 1500

Options
  • 15-06-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi everyone !
    I know the question have been already asked but i am like superstressed and i really need an answer ! I have applied for UCD accomodation and i am ~ 1500 on the list . Has any of you been in the same situation last year and have you had the chance to get a room ?
    Thank you in advance !!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

ManonRiv wrote: »
    Hi everyone !
    I know the question have been already asked but i am like superstressed and i really need an answer ! I have applied for UCD accomodation and i am ~ 1500 on the list . Has any of you been in the same situation last year and have you had the chance to get a room ?
    Thank you in advance !!

You'll be grand. Should get on offer early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ManonRiv

You'll be grand. Should get on offer early on.

Well some people are saying the contrary sooo i dont know what to think anymore :/ should i look for an other place to live in case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You'll be fine.

1500 people, many of which do not have UCD as their number one (basically anyone who knows someone in UCD has been told to get onto this waiting list just in case), some of which won't get the points, some of which will sort alternative accomodation. Over 800 places. I'd say anyone under 2500 is sorted.

Stop worrying and enjoy the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

Hey, I have a question and I'm not quite sure if here is the right place to ask it.
    Assuming you get your place in UCD and you accept, how do you book the accomodation?
    Is an email sent to you or something?
    I'm just wondering to be prepared on the cao day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

An email will be sent to your ucd account a few days after the 1st round offers. Theres a step-by-step guide here for booking on the ucd website: go to ucd.ie/residences, go to the how to book a room tab, and then 1st years. Theres a good bit of information there as well as a step-by-step pdf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 TheLostHuman

Hi,

You should check your wait list number between now & then cuz the number changes

I was 340 something & they just send me an offer today

Clearly .. You choose a room on Sisweb then you pay the deposite

Everything else is really easy

Best of luck

Dear Ahmed ***** *** ********,
    You are receiving this email as a result of placing yourself on the waitlist for student accommodation at UCD Residences. We can now offer you a time-limited opportunity to book one of the rooms currently available.

To avail of this offer, you must log into the UCD SISWeb online service and complete the accommodation booking process (under Campus Facilities > UCD Residences > Book a Room), including payment of the deposit by debit or credit card, before the offer expires.

Note, if you are logging into UCD SISWeb for the first time, your username is your Student ID or CAO Number and your password is your Date of Birth (ddmmyy).

** This place offer will expire at 18 Jul 2014, 16:00 **
    ** Note all times are GMT**

If you do not complete your room booking before this offer expires, your place in UCD Residences is no longer guaranteed and others that were behind you on the waitlist will be given priority for any available rooms.

In this case your options are:

1. If the waitlist is still active - rejoin the waitlist (you will have lost your original priority)
    2. If the waitlist is subsequently exhausted and rooms are still available, will you be able to book a room.

Student ID: *******

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

can someone give me advice on what to do? waiting on results to see if I go to ucd do I apply or is it too late or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone know the possibility of being offered a place on campus if apx 1700 on the waiting list? Also is it unusual that my number is so low even though I put my name down as soon as I possibly could on the very morning it opened? As in I woke up before school and refreshed the page until it allowed me put my name down :/

Please refrain from posting the same message multiple times, at it is considered spamming and thus a breach of the Boards.ie Terms of Use. I have deleted the other copies of this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Kadiv

I was placed at 3080 do I still have a chance especially in one of the nicer places?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Hi,

You should check your wait list number between now & then cuz the number changes

I was 340 something & they just send me an offer today

Clearly .. You choose a room on Sisweb then you pay the deposite

Everything else is really easy

Best of luck

Dear Ahmed ***** *** ********,
    You are receiving this email as a result of placing yourself on the waitlist for student accommodation at UCD Residences. We can now offer you a time-limited opportunity to book one of the rooms currently available.

To avail of this offer, you must log into the UCD SISWeb online service and complete the accommodation booking process (under Campus Facilities > UCD Residences > Book a Room), including payment of the deposit by debit or credit card, before the offer expires.

Note, if you are logging into UCD SISWeb for the first time, your username is your Student ID or CAO Number and your password is your Date of Birth (ddmmyy).

** This place offer will expire at 18 Jul 2014, 16:00 **
    ** Note all times are GMT**

If you do not complete your room booking before this offer expires, your place in UCD Residences is no longer guaranteed and others that were behind you on the waitlist will be given priority for any available rooms.

In this case your options are:

1. If the waitlist is still active - rejoin the waitlist (you will have lost your original priority)
    2. If the waitlist is subsequently exhausted and rooms are still available, will you be able to book a room.

Student ID: *******

They're a first year and on a completely different list to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 calron

Hi I stupidly picked Blackrock campus not knowing it wasnt actually in UCD. I tried to tell them this and they refuse to do anything until a transfer list comes out, How realiable is the transfer list? I actually dont know why they cant just move me as I know there is free rooms since the first years arnt allocated yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

calron wrote: »
    Hi I stupidly picked Blackrock campus not knowing it wasnt actually in UCD. I tried to tell them this and they refuse to do anything until a transfer list comes out, How realiable is the transfer list? I actually dont know why they cant just move me as I know there is free rooms since the first years arnt allocated yet!

Same happened to me a few years ago but it kinda makes sense why they can't just move us as if they move one everyone will want to be moved - to be fair we did book it ourselves so its not their fault at all. They have quotas apparently - there needs to be so many of each year in each residence.

Also its not fair to kick a first year out of the main campus because we made a mistake. I wasn't thinking this at the time but later I understood that I made the mistake and a first year shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

calron wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that you'll need someone wanting to move to Blackrock in order for you to get transferred to Belfield- which is extremely unlikely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement