Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC HL Music Question? Help?

Options
  • 15-06-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

im doing my jc music exam wednesday and im hoping for a C. if you had asked me what i wanted at the start of the year i would have said an A/B but unfortunally i missed alot of school this year due to illness and i was in hospital when my music practical was going on at school
    my teacher did appy for me to do it again but i was still unwell so i never did it at all.
    im aware that the practical is worth 25% and i know i cannot get an A
    but my question is how will my paper be marked without that 25% i could have had?
    i know the paper is 300 marks
    does the points you get for the practical get added on to that 300 marks or are they apart of it?
    in my case what will happen will i just be marked out of the 300 and thats it?
    or would 75% B = 100 percent in my case?
    im really confused about this and i would appreciate someones help
    thank you :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

75% would be your maximum possible mark, if you got full marks on the paper. Your grade on your results sheet will also have an asterisk beside it (*) as you were missing one component of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

A friend of mine was unable to do his practical last year for music and still came out with a B:) so it's still very possible to get a good grade

Advertisement