Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City - Word of warning !!!

• 15-06-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Just a little word of warning for anyone out and about on a sunny bike ride in Dublin city during the summer months.

I was parked up on Harry Street having a cold one with the missus and watched a well dressed middle aged man giving my bike a good looking over, for some reason he was interested in the top of the engine block. I didn't think anything of it until he sheepishly looked around to see who was watching and went to pull out one of the HT leads !! Only to catch the eye of the bouncer on the pub door.

The same thing happened to me many years back when I had a nice HD XR1200X, came out to find the HT leads pulled off it.

So when you're in town or anywhere keep your pride and joy in sight, its not always little scroats in their blue tracksuits that do the vandalising.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is said middle aged man feeling a little sore now? He should be!!**

** if legal reasons exist, don't answer this post!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What does be wrong with people :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jesus, what a scumbag! You should have been drinking in the gypsy rose, you're bike would be safe outside there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

ratracer wrote: »
    Is said middle aged man feeling a little sore now? He should be!!**

** if legal reasons exist, don't answer this post!!

I wait and watch before striking my prey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pity you dont have a remote start fitted...nice to watch him squirming in agony while you watch on...now thats a Carlsberg moment right there...........:D

• Advertisement

Parked up in town for lunch today and got the usual eyes over the bike. Only for two ladies (one i recognise) ran her hands over the tank. Cue me mutter across the street to myself and the missus. I said nothing to her because I know her sort of.

Got over to the bike only to find a once inch square scratch on my lovely matte paint, some of it down to the primer from what I presume was a ring on her finger !! :mad:

To say I'm livid is an under statement !!:mad:

17bf4cbd-f97b-448e-a764-847fc339f66d_zpsdf50b2b3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Dam, you really have not had much luck with the bike lately! I guess there is sod all you can do about that!

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Dam, you really have not had much luck with the bike lately! I guess there is sod all you can do about that!

Tell me about it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

KTRIC wrote: »
    Tell me about it !!!

You think she meant to do that?

b_mac2 wrote: »
    You think she meant to do that?

I doubt it but its done and its sitting glaring me in the face. €18500 bike without a mark on it and the last thing you want is a nice scratch right on top of the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Parked up in town for lunch today and got the usual eyes over the bike. Only for two ladies (one i recognise) ran her hands over the tank. Cue me mutter across the street to myself and the missus. I said nothing to her because I know her sort of.

Got over to the bike only to find a once inch square scratch on my lovely matte paint, some of it down to the primer from what I presume was a ring on her finger !! :mad:

To say I'm livid is an under statement !!:mad:

17bf4cbd-f97b-448e-a764-847fc339f66d_zpsdf50b2b3.jpg
    Jesus wept, what the hell do people think when they do stupid stuff like that? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

I doubt it but its done and its sitting glaring me in the face. €18500 bike without a mark on it and the last thing you want is a nice scratch right on top of the tank.

Honestly you are taking it a lot better than I would! The unfortunate reality is what it is!

Let's hope there is karma!

I'm off to the Garda station after work, there was a CCTV camera pointing at the bike and the owners of the camera said they will co-operate with the Gardai, I also know who the woman is and where she works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

I'm off to the Garda station after work, there was a CCTV camera pointing at the bike and the owners of the camera said they will co-operate with the Gardai, I also know who the woman is and where she works.
    Make sure the time-code & date-code on the CCTV is synced or it's useless as evidence

Advertisement