Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argentina vs Bosnia - 11PM (BBC1/RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Cool as ice the lads in the Bosnia box there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Argentina extremely unimpressive so far. Messi easy to deal with at the moment, rest of them not fluent at all have looked terrible on the ball. Bosnia look a capable bunch could see them coming out of the group over nigeria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bit of a meh game so far. Argentina very disappointing.

Corext, yo entertainment mysemf I spent the list while in the hotties thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

BBC panel are gonna have a field day pulling this Argentina performance apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Argentina not playing with any pace at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Argentina always look a very lumpy, mechanical side when I see 'em. A betrayal of the talent in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hmmm....interesting half. Argentina really missing someone in the midfield to control their game, at the moment it just seems to be a bunch of defenders and a bunch of attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Absolutely dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lawro sounds so depressed doing the commentary.

BqNKSy9CIAAa0V0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Albiceleste looking lethargic and their lack of a world class central midfielder will hurt them later on in the tournament if not during the group stages.

Impressed with B+H.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Durdle urdle Messi situation...

Yes Neil...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Gago is a miss but not bringing Banega is shooting yourself in the foot. Huge credit to Mascherano who is currently doing the job of two players. It's been a flat, uninspired performance from Argentina and Bosnia could upset them, especially with their physical threat from set pieces. Personally I don't think you can win a World Cup in 2014 with Maxi Rodriguez starting in your side.

Are Argentina and Messi done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They had Veron 4 years ago. They have no one now.

He only started twice. In particular he was left out of the crucial quarter final against Germany. That performance reminds me of this one. No central midfield forcing Messi to drop deep and play out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ardilles not impressed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I fancy the comeback in this one. Argentina are poor in midfield and I don't think their defense will stand up for the whole game either. Romero pulled off a world class save in the first half but he is an average keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Corext, yo entertainment mysemf I spent the list while in the hotties thread.

Typing with one hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Argentina don't look like they have any sort of game plan....all just standing around waiting for someone else to do something. Messi looks like he thinks he is too good for the game, very poor body language from him.

Bosnia on the other hand look energetic, full of running and look dangerous every time they get the ball in the box. They are bound to score in the 2nd half.

Typing with one hand?

No, I couldn't see the screen to check what I was typing (thankfully the cat was thirsty)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The amount of excuses people make for Messi he's been seriously average last few months can people not just say it the media the fans whoever.

It happens it doesn't take away from what he can do but stop making excuses for him like he's royalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Unlucky for Bosina, there the better team out their tonight.
    This is more limp than Swit vs Ecuador.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Bosnia will struggle to keep the pace up. Technically very good but they haven't created much either. Messi has been poor but one piece of magic could change all the that.
    Huge lack of playmakers in the tournament so far. That Maxi guy, wasnt he at Liverpool 3 years aho, let go?
    Not a good sign for Argentina.

No, I couldn't see the screen to check what I was typing (thankfully the cat was thirsty)

Is this a euphemism for something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Messi has finally given up the drugs, and it shows!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Unlucky for Bosina, there the better team out their tonight.
    This is more limp than Swit vs Ecuador.

Heading to the hotties thread will cure that limp issue.

Argentina's main problem is the guys they are picking as coaches. They are not picking the best coach for the job. This is down to Julio Grondona and the AFA.

Maradona, Batista and now Sabella are not the best coaches in Argentina and should not have gotten the job.

After Maradona, the AFA should have gone after someone like Bielsa, Ramon Diaz, Carlos Bianchi even Tata Martino.

How Carlos Bianchi has never coached Argentina is a mystery. Phenomenally successful with Boca and Velez Sarsfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no passing CM, and Messi being forced to do all his work 40 yards out.

this is a poorly set up Argentina side. completely il-conceived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

When Ardiles talks and when I see the other pundits' reaction to what he's trying to say I can't help but think of this moment from The Simpsons.

4ab511bb99cf6483e59616b3a814b2f4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Page 888 needed for ossie

• Advertisement

Maxi is off...think i saw Gago coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

come on bosnia lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Argentina switching to 4-3-2-1 by the looks of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

At least they have the right team on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gago on.

this should now get much better for the Argies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Good changes. Gago will pull the strings and Higuain is a world class striker and target man. Will allow Aguero to link up with Messi deeper too.

• Advertisement

The thing with Ossie is that you shouldn't try to listen to every word he says, pick out one or two and wait till he is finished speaking. Your brain will do the rest of the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Kenny Cunningham, nearly as bad an analyst as Phil Neville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Argentina's main problem is the guys they are picking as coaches. They are not picking the best coach for the job. This is down to Julio Grondona and the AFA.

Maradona, Batista and now Sabella are not the best coaches in Argentina.

After Maradona, the AFA should have gone after someone like Bielsa, Ramon Diaz, Carlos Bianchi even Tata Martino.

How Carlos Bianchi has never coached Argentina is a mystery. Phenomenally successful with Boca and Velez Sarsfield.

You could easily apply this to Brazil's setup, they should have given Vanderlei Luxemburgo more of a chance, Scolari is a busted flush and his indecisiveness will more than likely end up costing Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

This time Pjanic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Call me confused, Argentina cannot get the ball up to their forwards quick enough and are dodgy against the counter so they take off a midfielder and bring on a striker?

It looks like they are playing right into Bosnia and Herzegovina's hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Only in, is it worth watching?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Only in, is it worth watching?

First half was poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

NIMAN wrote: »
    Kenny Cunningham, nearly as bad an analyst as Phil Neville.

He is very boring in fairness. I try to switch channels when him, Ronnie or Lawro are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

eagle eye wrote: »
    Call me confused, Argentina cannot get the ball up to their forwards quick enough and are dodgy against the counter so they take off a midfielder and bring on a striker?

It looks like they are playing right into Bosnia and Herzegovina's hands.

You are confused.

They took off a winger(maxi), and put on a forward(Higgy). They also took off a centre half(campagnaro), and put on a centre midfielder(Gago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seaneh wrote: »
    First half was poo.

Good to know I didn't miss anything then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We gave up on Besic too soon it appears. Ferencvaros are going to make quite a bit when he is sold. Solid game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Bosnia stay calm and get further into the final third instead of taking long shots then they will score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Really hoping for a Bosnian goal. They have to have an equalizer in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Poor finish from Aguero.

Any goal line technology there for Aguero's shot?

• Advertisement
Advertisement