Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argentina vs Bosnia - 11PM (BBC1/RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Magnificent. Goal of the tournament so far.

Nat atall. Honda or RvP still better than that. Great goal nontheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

SlickRic wrote: »
    who doubted?

class is absolutely permanent.

fb087d2bf142d1980be475135cd7f139.gif?1402693491

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Great goal by Messy, Hopefully that's the start of it from Messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Just about to comment on his shocking free kick and he then pulls that out of the bag.

I was just about to say that he needed to let go of the ball sooner! Then he comes out with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

For 64 minutes nothing, a dormant volcano whose great fire had burnt out. And then, an explosion of Messi proportions. Only Messi can do that, the world's greatest footballer has lit up the World Cup with an eruption of pace and frightening skill and precision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Is it really his first WC goal since 2006¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Knex. wrote: »
    Who the hell said that?

The one and only Stephen Alkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any chance it'll be taken off him?

It was just about on target with the deflection. Was probably going wide otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Will paint over his poor performance up to now. Nice goal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    That's that I reckon.. was coming but I do feel sorry for Bosnia

Bedtime so.. night all :)

Good idea, sure teams never come from behind do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Higuain has changed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

For 64 minutes nothing, a dormant volcano whose great fire had burnt out. And then, an explosion of Messi proportions. Only Messi can do that, the world's greatest footballer has lit up the World Cup with an eruption of pace and frightening skill and precision.

Did he mean the deflection? It could easily be marked as an OG :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Great stuff by Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You come out with this ****e for attention at this stage right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Eh...his performance is measured by goals and he's just scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Textbook Messi goal, even had defenders falling over each other for dramatic effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Knex. wrote: »
    Who the hell said that?

jim beglin I think

edit: Oat answered above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shockingly, writing a player who scored over 40 goals this season off just because he hadn't scored after 45 minutes playing in a completely disjointed system, seems to have backfired on Neil Lennon et al.

:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wouldn't have gone in only for the little touch by the defender. Technically an own goal, but never going to be given as one of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I feel sorry for the Bosnians. They just don't seem to be able to finish off goal chances though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

messi moves clear of gary breen in the world cup goals charts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Who cares? It'll give him all the confidence in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You really are a parody of yourself at this stage. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Robben has already outperformed him against your golden boys with eruptions of frightening pace and precision in case you forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Nothing from you either, shame you had to ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Did anyone mention the deflection? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm convinced that someone has kidnapped DiMaria's family and will kill them if he uses his right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Alkin coming out with some off the wall stuff on RTE....saying Argentina will be dancing in the streets of Rio tonight and throwing stones at the ITV studios :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kirby wrote: »
    You really are a parody of yourself at this stage. :p
    Liam O wrote: »
    Robben has already outperformed him against your golden boys with eruptions of frightening pace and precision in case you forgot.
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Nothing from you either, shame you had to ruin it.

The ignore button....It does nothing because of you 3 quoting his sh*te :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Di Maria's style of dribbling is really unique and looks actually awkward at times but it's bloody mesmerising and unreal to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

OG? Ha, good one.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Did he mean the deflection? It could easily be marked as an OG :rolleyes:

I do wonder how someone can be so blaise and negative when you've just witnessed genius in real time, the kind of genius that previous generations witnessed with Pele and Maradona and talk about for years, you've literally just seen the defining player of our generation in full flight, at his devastating best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

For Messi's goal, the No3 who the other Bosnia tripped over tried a stupid reverse back leg tackle. Most pointless thing ever, sort your feet out and put in a real challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

OG? Ha, good one.

With the amount of money at stake for top goalscorer I'm sure it'll be looked into.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Bbc text commentary:
    The crowd have woken up, I hope you have too. Brilliant goal and Lionel Messi now has more World Cup goals than Gary Breen and Matthew Upson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Paully D wrote: »
    Shockingly, writing a player who scored over 40 goals this season off just because he hadn't scored after 45 minutes playing in a completely disjointed system, seems to have backfired on Neil Lennon et al.

:pac:

And none last WC with Maradona over them the whole thing was disjointed, Sick of all the pundits already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Still think Argentina are a very beatable team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

bmcc10 wrote: »
    And none last WC with Maradona over them the whole thing was disjointed, Sick of all the pundits already.

English pundits seem to have some bias towards Argentina...dunno why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I do wonder how someone can be so blaise and negative when you've just witnessed genius in real time, the kind of genius that previous generations witnessed with Pele and Maradona and talk about for years, you've literally just seen the defining player of our generation in full flight, at his devastating best.

Messi is brilliant and it was a good goal. That's not what we are negative about. We are negative about you and your over the top posting style. There is a difference.

I love watching Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Liam O wrote: »
    With the amount of money at stake for top goalscorer I'm sure it'll be looked into.

Nonsense. I know more money has obviously been lumped on Messi but there was no debating Robben's first goal the other night after Ramos' deflection and there won't be for Messi's either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stephen Alkin, ****ing hell:

https://vine.co/v/MInEwQq9TV5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm well aware of what I'm looking at but you seem to be trying to make full use of a thesaurus you got for christmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Bosnia have thrown in the towel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can people stop quoting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Lawro is commentating on Argentina in the Maracana and he still has the gall to moan and groan at every little thing.

Messi is brilliant and it was a good goal. That's not what we are negative about. We are negative about you and your over the top posting style. There is a difference.

I love watching Messi.

The post I quoted, Dempseys, didn't mention me, only looked to find negatives in a truly magical moment, which is why I responded to that post. Frankly, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me thus I feel no reason to reply to those posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I love watching Messi.

Just stick him on ignore then :confused:

I'm sick of these constant thread derailments over AIGs posting style. It's not going to change so if you don't like it, ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can people stop quoting it?
    Get over yourself.

Just don't read the damn thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Aguero has been poor tonight. Hasnt linked up with fellow players well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Argentina have been better in the second half but they have been hardly been brilliant either. A better team up front will punish them no doubt. Their midfield have struggled a bit too, even with the changes, Bosnia have still bypassed them on a few occasions.

Advertisement