Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Mira Elite electric shower parts online?

Options
  • 15-06-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a good reputable online seller?

Been googling and can't find much.

I'm specifically looking for a replacement shower head for a Mira Elite 2 electric shower.

Any good places online to buy them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

You based in Dublin.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

kramer1 wrote: »
    You based in Dublin.?

No, Galway.

I found a couple of plumbers websites in Dublin but nothing other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Col200sx wrote: »
    No, Galway.

I found a couple of plumbers websites in Dublin but nothing other than that.

Does it have to be a certain brand? Amazon have a lot of parts and complete showers for very cheap (with free del)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anybody know of a good reputable online seller?

Been googling and can't find much.

I'm specifically looking for a replacement shower head for a Mira Elite 2 electric shower.

Any good places online to buy them?

http://dublinshowerrepair.com/showerparts

These are Dublin based with fast delivery but they only stock the main parts

http://www.showerdoc.com
    These are based in the UK so delivery takes longer but they stock just about all the parts

You should be able to get a mira shower head from woodies & they do online sales. They take PayPal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks folks.

The only reason I wanted to replace with a Mira shower head was the original one broke at the seal where you twist it.

Since replaced it with a couple of spurious ones and they didnt last long at all.

Seem to have an issue with our water as grit (like sand particles) gather in the head and affect the flow.

I've cleaned them out, soaked in vinegar and limescale remover overnight bit still happens and finally the seal gives up.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks.

The only reason I wanted to replace with a Mira shower head was the original one broke at the seal where you twist it.

Since replaced it with a couple of spurious ones and they didnt last long at all.

Seem to have an issue with our water as grit (like sand particles) gather in the head and affect the flow.

I've cleaned them out, soaked in vinegar and limescale remover overnight bit still happens and finally the seal gives up.

Spurious shower heads can cause the temperature of the water to fluctuate. You are always better using genuine mira or triton shower heads. They are worth the extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Thanks folks.

Fair enough. I put a €5 one on the utility shower and its grand, but its running on clean council pop.

OP one last point I should have mentioned. The limescale is caked around your element. It has built up over the years. Little bits are breaking off. This is what is blocking your shower head. You should be prepared in the near future to either replace the element (not worth it on an old shower) or replace the shower.
    Keep that at the back of your mind. It'll help you budget for it

Advertisement