Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert at night.

Options
  • 15-06-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Do any schools/ colleges teach maths etc at night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC; the good people of this forum are more likely to be able to help! :)

A general idea of where in the country you are located may help. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plunket College in Whitehall in Dublin, do both HL and OL.
    Cork College of Commerce do OL.
    I'm sure there are other places around the country. Check with your local VEC/ETB.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I did OL maths in Crumlin College this year. 2 nights per week, 8.15-9.45. Cost was €200, not including cost of exam. Fantastic teacher, really helpful. The course moves at a good pace so you need to be doing a good amount of study from the start. I would recommend using something like https://www.khanacademy.org/ to practice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Moved from LC; the good people of this forum are more likely to be able to help! :)

A general idea of where in the country you are located may help. ;)

Thanks.

And yes, my location would have been of some benefit!

I'm in Dublin, and somewhere like Whitehall would be ideal. Thanks for your suggestions.

Moomat wrote: »
    I did OL maths in Crumlin College this year. 2 nights per week, 8.15-9.45. Cost was €200, not including cost of exam. Fantastic teacher, really helpful. The course moves at a good pace so you need to be doing a good amount of study from the start. I would recommend using something like khanacademy to practice also.

Fair play, how do you think you did?

• Advertisement

radonicus wrote: »
    Fair play, how do you think you did?

I think I did ok but I will admit that I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of studying I had to do in the last few weeks before the exam. I never did the LC before so it's alot of information to take in from September till May. I actually didn't start the course until November so I had plenty of catching up to do. Very doable but you need to be revising every week.

Have you done the LC before?

Moomat wrote: »
    I think I did ok but I will admit that I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of studying I had to do in the last few weeks before the exam. I never did the LC before so it's alot of information to take in from September till May. I actually didn't start the course until November so I had plenty of catching up to do. Very doable but you need to be revising every week.

Have you done the LC before?

The last few weeks are the most intense I would imagine, especially if you were doing another subject as well.

No, never sat the Leaving but have done a degree.

radonicus wrote: »
    The last few weeks are the most intense I would imagine, especially if you were doing another subject as well.

No, never sat the Leaving but have done a degree.

I only did maths, lucky enough! I believe the maths syllabus has changed in the last few years to Project Maths. Some fairly wordsy problems but easy enough to apply logic to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 acret

Anyone interested in joining online Study-Group for LCO Maths. 2015 ? Compare notes,Mutual Support/Motivation etc.

Advertisement