Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burger Run 27th of July

• 15-06-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

burgerrun_zps6e67ed02.jpg

Blood bike east are one of the most active blood bike groups in the country(having done over 600 runs in the past year), they keep four bikes on the road servicing the east coast's hospitals as well as working with other blood groups to provide a national service.

For those that don't know, they move blood, blood samples, breast milk, bio-chemical samples & just about anything else that can fit onto a bike free of charge.

Their volunteers pay for their own training and uniforms. The bikes are kept on the road purely through determination and fundraising.

I figured it's been a while since there was a burger run & BBE always need funds, hence this run.

For liability reasons, this is not a blood bike east organised run but me organising a run to raise funds for blood bike east( in a fairly amateur fashion).

There will be a couple of stops on the way to regroup, have a quick coffee and a yap..

The Details are:

Start: at the Texaco at the Spawell at 10.30am.
    Price: €10 this covers the cost of the burger, donations are welcome to blood bike east.

I hope to see you all there for what should be a great run and please give generously.

I'll get the ball rolling:

1. me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

bump. this is getting very close now, only 4 sleeps away. all welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

What route will this run take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

szatan84 wrote: »
    What route will this run take?

Check on biker.ie the lad from there is organizing the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Looks like good craic. If my bikes is all sorted on Saturday and ready for Sunday i will be there.

Bikerguy wrote:
    Check on biker.ie the lad from there is organizing the event.

that would be me. I'll post the route later this evening.

• Advertisement

Anyone else up for coming along lads?

I was going to try make the usual Sunday spin but going to do this instead.
    Would be grand if the lads who go out on sunday came too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Servicing my bike and doing the chain and sprockets in Micks on Sunday....otherwise I am so up for a burger.

Here is the route:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zPrjjfLwih-I.k3_IUreW5lkQ

There is a stop planned just after Trim (heading towards Navan), to fuel up and grab a coffee(at the texaco / Londis).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i'd love to go but my engine is up at dave haro's being rebuilt and the rest of the bikes in my shed...... good luck to all going and all who are organising.

We had 81 bikes, which was a fantastic turnout.

On behalf of Blood bike east,thank you to everyone that came.

It's the first time we've had an event of this nature and given the brilliant response today, it wont be the last. watch this space.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Twas grand, I did split off at Naas though.
    Great turnout

Advertisement