Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Ireland Mortgage problems

Options
  • 15-06-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi need a little help or idvice,

We currently have a mortgage with Bank of Scotland Ireland who no longer operate in Ireland.

It is a tracker mortgage think its about 30 years, about 140000 left on it never missed a payment and is in negative equity.

We recently contacted them regarding moving house with our current mortgage and the answer we got was.

" If you want to move house you will have to sell your house pay us back all our money and find a new lender because we don't do new business in Ireland"

I feel im been given a bad deal here as we have committed to BOSI and honored our repayments but as life goes i understand and can take it on the chin.

My question is can i switch my mortgage to a Irish bank and then move? or can anybody suggest other options as we are in a great bit of bother to move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

As the bank stated they no longer operate in Ireland so you cannot get a new mortgage from them. How much negative equity are you in? Can you do a deal with them? You need to provide more information such as what is the current value of the house . If you are in negative equity you cannot switch your mortgage unless you have a lump sum to pay off.
    lynchiered wrote: »
    Hi need a little help or idvice,

We currently have a mortgage with Bank of Scotland Ireland who no longer operate in Ireland.

It is a tracker mortgage think its about 30 years, about 140000 left on it never missed a payment and is in negative equity.

We recently contacted them regarding moving house with our current mortgage and the answer we got was.

" If you want to move house you will have to sell your house pay us back all our money and find a new lender because we don't do new business in Ireland"

I feel im been given a bad deal here as we have committed to BOSI and honored our repayments but as life goes i understand and can take it on the chin.

My question is can i switch my mortgage to a Irish bank and then move? or can anybody suggest other options as we are in a great bit of bother to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lynchiered

Trish56 wrote: »
    As the bank stated they no longer operate in Ireland so you cannot get a new mortgage from them. How much negative equity are you in? Can you do a deal with them? You need to provide more information such as what is the current value of the house . If you are in negative equity you cannot switch your mortgage unless you have a lump sum to pay off.

Hi Trish,

Our house is worth about 70,000 Euro at this moment, and there is 150,000 Left on the Mortgage

Advertisement