Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vets Kitchen dog food???

• 15-06-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm wondering what you make of this dog food and if you reckon it's good quality. I feed it to my fella, he's a small terrier x, 18 months old.

He's in great health, loads of energy but he's not blown away by the food. He'll eat it when he knows there's nothing else he can scrounge. He was the same with Royal Canin, though seemed to really hate that!

I change it around every few days, so he gets pasta, peas and chicken or tuna or beef (you get the idea) which he gobbles up. A bag of this will last him 2 wks. His coat look in great condition and his poo is perfect for picking up iykwim!

What do you think? Should I try something else?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Poultry meal (min. 36%), brown rice (min. 18%), white rice (min. 18%), oats, sugarbeet pulp, poultry fat, brewers yeast, poultry digest, salmon oil, pork digest, minerals, vitamins, DL-Methionine, mannanoligosaccharides (min. 0.05%), fructooligosaccharides (min. 0.05%), carrots, apples, seaweed, nucleotides (min. 0.05%), glucosamine (min. 0.03%), methylsulfonylmethane (min. 0.03%), chrondroitin sulphate (min. 0.02%), yucca schidigera extract, mixed tocopherols and rosemary L-Carnitine, Beta Carotene.
    Seen a lot worse and nothing really sticking out to badly (rice , sugarbeet pulp etc. but nothing outrageous); if it works you don't really need to change up but if you're looking at alternatives look at Markus Muhle NaturNah or go a quality step up to a no grain feed such as Taste of the Wild or Orijen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Once you give a dog some tasty home cooked food why on earth would he go back to eat boring old kibble!

Is there a dog on earth that would eat kibble before a dish of chicken or beef or tuna with pasta and peas?!?!

Also, he is a terrier, he probably knows he just has to turn his nose up at the boring old kibble and his softie owner will produce a bowl of chicken/pasta sharpish :D

I have terriers, and feed them home-cooked. They laugh in my face if I give them kibble on days that the home-cooked has run out :o I have bought state-of-the-art kibble for emergencies - have tried many many brands, but the home cooked food is always inhaled, and the kibble eaten in tiny amounts, when starvation looms

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I posted a reply to you guys but just noticed today it's not there. Sorry! Thanks a mill for the advice and Nody, for looking up the ingredients. Aonb, that made me laugh, so true!

Advertisement