Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2015

Options
  • 16-06-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as Download 2014 has just wrapped up, might as well start this thread for next year's edition which takes place next June (Friday 12th through June 14th)

Use this thread for lineup speculation,rumours & confirmed bands (When they're officially announced by Andy Copping)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's prob time to get the ball rolling here considering an announcement looks imminent.

Fests that usually share a lot of acts with DL are both celebrating anniversaries Graspop (20th edition) and Hellfest (10th edition) and will no doubt be trying to form the best bills possible.

Hellfest have recently updated their site and added a clock and countdown up next Monday suggesting thats when they will reveal their first acts.

Gene Simmons tweeted a poster with Kiss,Motley Crue,Slash & Myles & Enter Shikari. Andy Copping quickly responding dismissing it as a fake by a mad fan.

I say it could be bull and these acts ARE appearing. All very likely for a first announcement too its known Kiss and Crue are touring next summer,Slash current gig run in Europe is underway and although ES have a UK tour in Feb those gigs are practically Sold out so would be no harm to that tour, both Slash and ES are at Rock Am Ring the week before Download.

Continuing on from recent years I expect one act will certainly be a new headliner whether or not they've played the festival before (Rammstein,Prodigy,A7X)

Some suggestions....

Foo Fighters have been the most requested act for the past number of years by attendees yet they've never played Donnington could this be the year?

Pearl Jam seemed all set for Download 2013 but rumored to have fell through, Slipknot were then announced either surprising/disappointing people or both.

Muse highly praised for their live shows reckon Download isn't beyond the realms of possibility but imagine Glastonbury is more likely.

Van Halen; rumored for Europe last year but never materialized next June will be 20 years since last UK show that was to support Bon Jovi. If they weren't a headliner then are they now? Hard to say maybe the rarity factor will have pulling power?

Then you have the Donington favourites who could be likely; Metallica,AC/DC,GnR,Ozzy Osbourne,SOAD

If the Kiss rumor is true the likes of VH, GnR & Def Leppard can be chalked off straight away :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd imagine Motley Crue, Foo Fighters, and a long shot for Sunday headliner....... Megadeth perhaps depending on their plans come the festival season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Slipknot headlining festivals the same weekend as are Metallica. Muse are tipped for sonisphere. Mötley Crüe are a second stage headliner as are megadeth. Although good chance Mötley Crüe might headline that Friday thing they do at sonisphere. Kiss are doing festivals this summer, fully expect them to do one of sonisphere or download so wouldn't be surprised. Think AC/DC will be doing their own shows.

Although, announcing kiss as first headliner is underwhelming IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kiss are headlining, trust me, that's 100% genuine.

I also heard Eminem is Friday headliner

scudzilla wrote: »
    Kiss are headlining, trust me, that's 100% genuine.

I also heard Eminem is Friday headliner

Kiss headlining?, i call shenanigans Then again you called Slayer playing The Academy this past July.

Eminem @ Download, that's just a bottling waiting to happen.

• Advertisement

Friend of a friend went on Kiss Kruise last week, she spoke to Gene who self confirmed, also said full Euro tour wit Crue in June/July, lots of festivals and a few normal dates

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Won't be Foo's, they are doing multiple dates in the UK, so I'd say Glastonbury, Wembley, Manchester for them.

Copping said one headliner is brand new, and in way question was put it reads as never played the festival new, so I'd hazard a guess at Muse.

Kiss would make sense, they are in the area at the time. It would seem like Slipknot would be the third one, but never know, they could do Soni if it's on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Friend of a friend went on Kiss Kruise last week, she spoke to Gene who self confirmed, also said full Euro tour wit Crue in June/July, lots of festivals and a few normal dates

Did they mention anything about Irish shows?

Kiss, Muse, Slipknot are TBC on efestivals now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Karnivool please

• Advertisement

Karnivool please

Playing own shows in March in UK in case you didn't see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing own shows in March in UK in case you didn't see.

Cheers didn't know that,guess that them out so.

Mushy wrote: »
    Won't be Foo's, they are doing multiple dates in the UK, so I'd say Glastonbury, Wembley, Manchester for them.

Copping said one headliner is brand new, and in way question was put it reads as never played the festival new, so I'd hazard a guess at Muse.

Kiss would make sense, they are in the area at the time. It would seem like Slipknot would be the third one, but never know, they could do Soni if it's on.

That could well be what i've heard, Eminem.
    Did they mention anything about Irish shows?

No, she's from Cambridge so had no need to ask about Ireland

Don't be surprised to see Black Stone Cherry VERY high up, either Special guests or second stage headliners, Copping is slowly realising that he's running out of headliners so has to make them.

This time last year Ax7 undertook a UK Arena tour, on the stipulation that they sold it well and could handle the arena's (they did both) they were promised a DL headline spot, they headlined DL on the back of them Arena shows.

Roll on exactly a year and who have just finished a UK Arena tour, BSC, so i'm guessing they're gonna be very high.

In 10yrs, the way things were going, there would be no bands big enough to headline these 80-100k festivals as they would have all retired or died

That could well be what i've heard, Eminem.

He did say only one headliner was brand new, so that'd be between Muse and Eminem. Now efests have Muse as TBC, and Eminem has never been touted as a rumour, it'd seem clearer who it's going to be.

Nothing to suggest eminem is doing any dates at all next year either.

Kiss, Muse, Slipknot is a strong set of headliners. Doesn't really interest me unfortunately but it's a great mix. Kiss haven't played uk for a few years now, muse will always sell lots of tickets and there's a buzz about Slipknot atm with the new album.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine Motley Crue, Foo Fighters, and a long shot for Sunday headliner....... Megadeth perhaps depending on their plans come the festival season

Megadeth are not a headline act, a solid one to make up a bill alright second stage Headliners or 3rd/4th down on main. CRUE aren't headliners either but considering it's their last tour will be bumped up to 2nd down only for that reason most likely under Kiss
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Kiss headlining?, i call shenanigans Then again you called Slayer playing The Academy this past July.

Eminem @ Download, that's just a bottling waiting to happen.

Eminem won't play Download but if he did why would people buy tickets to bottle him? Thats silly people would buy tickets to see his show there would be other stages others not interested could head to (I'd be one of them)

Kiss haven't headlined since 2008, Linkin Park,Slipknot,Aerosmith & Def Leppard have all headlined the festival not once but twice since Kiss last did. Kiss are surely nailed on one of the headliners.

Megadeth are not a headline act, a solid one to make up a bill alright second stage Headliners or 3rd/4th down on main. CRUE aren't headliners either but considering it's their last tour will be bumped up to 2nd down only for that reason most likely under Kiss

Eminem won't play Download but if he did why would people buy tickets to bottle him? Thats silly people would buy tickets to see his show there would be other stages others not interested could head to (I'd be one of them)

Kiss haven't headlined since 2008, Linkin Park,Slipknot,Aerosmith & Def Leppard have all headlined the festival not once but twice since Kiss last did. Kiss are surely nailed on one of the headliners.

Why wont Eminem play? They had Chase & Status a few years back.

Copping is not afraid of mixing things up, and by adding Eminem he's gonna sell a lot more tickets to people who wouldn't normally go

Why wont Eminem play? They had Chase & Status a few years back.

Copping is not afraid of mixing things up, and by adding Eminem he's gonna sell a lot more tickets to people who wouldn't normally go

Don't disagree no touring plans AFAIK thats why I'd say won't be there , Chase & Status were requested by the Prodigy supposedly to play under them.

Official Facebook saying Monday 8am so must be an act they are sharing with Hellfest it looks like

• Advertisement

Gotta be Kiss first. Hellfest would book Kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I have a feeling there's some truth in that Sunday poster that Gene Simmons leaked to be honest. Looking forward to seeing who is announced!

Predicting Kiss on the Friday night, Slipknot on the Saturday, Foo Fighters on the Sunday

That poster Gene leaked said Kiss are playing the Sunday and today in the Metro, Nikki Sixx said Motley Crue are being announced for a UK festival next week - also on this Sunday poster. So I'll put them as the Sunday :).

I like Slipknot and all but I'd like to be surprised and not see them on the line-up for next year :P.

I hope AC feels like he has to add a band or two to the leaked line up, so that it's actually an interesting announcement now.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I like Slipknot and all but I'd like to be surprised and not see them on the line-up for next year :P.

Same Here I'll guess

Fri
    Sat
    Sun
    Muse

AC/DC
    Kiss
    Faith No More
    Judas Priest
    Motley Crue
    Deftones
    Alice Cooper
    Slash w/Myles

First set of bands announced, another announcement tomorrow.

Friday mainstage
    Slipknot
    Judas Priest
    Five Finger Death Punch

Second stage headliner
    Black Stone Cherry

Meh seen all those, 3 out of 4 also played 2013 edition Slipknot and BSC was the exact same clash also on a Friday. So if 2moros announcement is Muse they must really be banking on them to get the daytrippers in surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Booked nonrefundable hotel for this, hoping for better announcement tomorrow. Not that Slipknot is bad its just have ticket to see then in Jan and they headlined the last 2 downloads I've been too.

• Advertisement

Kinda looking forward to seeing Judas Priest but nothing else too exciting so far.

Advertisement