Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition Dissapeared - what to do?

Options
  • 16-06-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I had a hard drive which I've been using before for backups, once reinstalling OS I backed up all my files and work on it, then windows showed me error saying there is a problem with that HDD, and after disconnecting it and connecting back it said hard drive needs to be formatted to be used making it pretty much un-usable.

I immediately disconnected it and placed away until I decide what to do with it.
    The file system on it right now is RAW. The drive was recently formatted and used on Mac, would it mean that MAC can read it or will it show same thing on mac? (needs to be formatted to be used)

If it cannot be read by mac or windows, what are my options?

In theory the files are on it intact since I didn't format it or empty, it's just that the file system messed up and partition got lost, I tried Recuva but it takes 48 hours since it's a big drive, is there anything I can do? I really need those files, they are years of my work, projects, portfolio.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement