Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the best Pagan festivals?

Options
  • 16-06-2014 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello,

I haven't posted on this site in a long time. I'm planning a trip to Ireland & Scotland next year. I live in Canada. I was thinking about September. Two weeks in Ireland, two weeks in Scotland. Or maybe three weeks Ireland, lol. When is the best time to see some of the big festivals there? Besides the obvious like Samhain. I'd really like to go during the off-season because I'm cheap and the exchange rate is a bit ridiculous. I'm mostly interested in the druid aspect, maybe an OBOD festival or something. Although I would consider other avenues.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Well there's Spirit of Folk on around the third weekend of September; cannot personally vouch for it just yet but I'd heard good things of it two years back, and they've druidic/shamanic dealies set up in one of their tents I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

There's not a lot going on in Ireland, although there might be a few celebrations at the equinox around 20th sept, certainly at Loughcrew there will be. As for Scotland perhaps contact the Scottish Pagan Federation, they'll know of lots going on. Perhaps you'll be there for the independence vote - Up Scotland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dub_Guy

Feilie Draiochta takes place in Dublin on Oct 4th.

Advertisement