Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What and When should I receive after puchasing a property

Options
  • 16-06-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi All

Not quiet a legal discussion, but 3 months ago I completed on buying my first place - an apartment. I have a mortgage on the property, but so far I've not received anything from my solicitor to say that I "own" the property. Of course, I understand that the bank will hold deeds etc, but should I not get a copy of the leasehold agreement ? And more to the point, should I not have to sign a leasehold agreement with the freehold owner ?

I also paid a proportion of LPT charges, in return for which I was told I would receive the LPT receipt, but so far haven't received this either ?

Is this normal ? Should it normally take this long ? And is there anything else that I should receive either now, or in the future ?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If only there is someone you could ask? Seriously speak to your solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

The problem I have is both my solicitor and her secretary have both gone on maternity leave - so there is no longer anybody in the company who is familiar with my "case" (granted, my purchase was no more complex than any other). Additionally, a few things that my solicitor done have made me lose faith in them, which is why I'm posting this question

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

You should get a copy of the leasehold agreement and a copy of the Articles of Memorandum of your Management Company. They probably are lodged with the deeds at the financial institution but it's likely the solicitor has copies.
    Staff being away on maternity leave shouldn't be an excuse for not getting correspondence etc. Three months isn't unusual but really the file should be completed by now. I suggest that you call in person to your solicitor firm

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Yea, I had a suspicion that I should get a copy of the leasehold at least. Going to follow up with my solicitors firm .... just wanted to make sure I knew what I was asking for first :-)

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement