Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSTN line down since 11 June (Central Dublin)

Options
  • 16-06-2014 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

An elderly relative of mine based in Dublin 7 has had no phone service since last Wednesday.

We've logged a fault and followed up on 1901 which keeps saying that there's a network fault in your area and that there are no updates.

This is really going on too long at this stage. The operator said it's a cable fault in Parliament Street impacting a large number of lines served by the Crown Alley exchange.

When we call the line from a mobile it's just getting 'the number you have dialed has not been recognised...'

Are there any updates or an expected completion date for this fault?

She's a very elderly lady who really relies on the phone and it's also rendering her monitored alarm useless.

She's actually now actively considering getting rid of eircom and moving to UPC mostly due to total lack of updates and info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just an fyi - Universal Service Obligation information relating to Eircom.

In particular "Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental."

I understand it doesn't fix your problem but good information to know once the line is back working

Edit: I would recommend you rethink moving to UPC for a phone service if you are using a monitored alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

SpaceTime wrote: »
    An elderly relative of mine based in Dublin 7 has had no phone service since last Wednesday.

We've logged a fault and followed up on 1901 which keeps saying that there's a network fault in your area and that there are no updates.

This is really going on too long at this stage. The operator said it's a cable fault in Parliament Street impacting a large number of lines served by the Crown Alley exchange.

When we call the line from a mobile it's just getting 'the number you have dialed has not been recognised...'

Are there any updates or an expected completion date for this fault?

She's a very elderly lady who really relies on the phone and it's also rendering her monitored alarm useless.

She's actually now actively considering getting rid of eircom and moving to UPC mostly due to total lack of updates and info.
    Hi Spacetime

I have just looked at this. If you wish to send me a PM with the Phone number in question, I can request an update as regards the status of this fault.

thanks
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Any update on this?

We're now into the 6th day without service!

Advertisement