Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Disconnection Charge

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I've recently moved out of rented accomodaton, when I was closing my electricity & gas accounts I was told that the landlord would have to contact you within 10 days to register the gas in his name or I would be responsible for a Gas disconnection charge (€68). I informed the landlord however he is unwilling to contact you, he is selling the building so it suits him to have to Gas disconnected especially if he doesn't have to pay for it. I've provided you with his contact details, is there anything else that I can do to ensure that I'm not charged the disconnection fee?

I no longer live at the property and I have no connection to it so it's the landlord that is liable for disconnection of the gas if he fails to register the gas into his name. I can't force him to register so if there will be a disconnection charge then it's nothing to do with me. I do not permit you to direct debit this charge from my bank account and any attempt to do so will be reported to my bank as an unauthorized transaction. Any fees associated with reversing the transaction will be the lability of Electric Ireland.

Regards,
    Ciarán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Ciarán,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. The gas disconnection fee of €68.88 is a Bord Gas Networks fee and needs to be agreed to before the closure of a gas account can take place. As agreed, this charge will be applicable for you if no one registers at the property and Bord Gais Networks disconnect the supply. I regret that we can't intervene in this situation; you would need to resolve the matter directly with your landlord. He must call to register himself at the property, we cannot do this without his permission.

If you would like us to cancel the Direct Debit from your account, then we can certainly do so. We can't guarantee that the charge has not already been requested. This will depend on the date the closure of your account was processed. To comment on your account specifically, we would need to review it. If you wish us to do so, please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 9 voodoo child

Hi Ciarán,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. The gas disconnection fee of €68.88 is a Bord Gas Networks fee and needs to be agreed to before the closure of a gas account can take place. As agreed, this charge will be applicable for you if no one registers at the property and Bord Gais Networks disconnect the supply. I regret that we can't intervene in this situation; you would need to resolve the matter directly with your landlord. He must call to register himself at the property, we cannot do this without his permission.

If you would like us to cancel the Direct Debit from your account, then we can certainly do so. We can't guarantee that the charge has not already been requested. This will depend on the date the closure of your account was processed. To comment on your account specifically, we would need to review it. If you wish us to do so, please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,

I've sent you a PM with my account details.

Regards,
    Ciarán.

Advertisement