Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more licence crap...

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and lassies,

I applied for 2 new licenses and recived the grant letters, eventually, so off to the post office and paid the fee's. Waiting at home for the licence to arrive in the door and ..............nothing ..... nearly 4 weeks now and still nothing! Where's my next port of call as this is taking the micheal......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭shoot to kill

Hi lads and lassies,

I applied for 2 new licenses and recived the grant letters, eventually, so off to the post office and paid the fee's. Waiting at home for the licence to arrive in the door and ..............nothing ..... nearly 4 weeks now and still nothing! Where's my next port of call as this is taking the micheal......

My local RFD give me the gun with the reciept I got from the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Hi StK,

I still need the licence. Some dealers will release the gun on the strenght of the grant letter and receipt as normally you get your licence within 3 to 4 days, but when it starts runing to weeks or even months, that would quickly stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Contact the FPU in Dublin and ask them what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

+1 for the FPU, the Guard I spoke to last week was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hi fish, you need to contact the folks printing the licences (the gardai aren't involved at this stage, they've already granted you the licence and you're waiting on the printers, basicly). There should be a 1800 number on your an post receipt (down at the bottom of it) or your grant letter to call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

My local RFD give me the gun with the reciept I got from the post office

I doubt this is legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

2011 wrote: »
    I doubt this is legal.
    It's really not. I wouldn't accept the rifle under those circumstances, all it'd take is one awkward question and you'd land in a world of hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Applied over 5 weeks ago for a sub and was told u put in letter explaing why i needed a silencer 3 weeks after applying for sub....2 more weeks later and still noting....feck sake -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Polaxed

1shot16 wrote: »
    Applied over 5 weeks ago for a sub and was told u put in letter explaing why i needed a silencer 3 weeks after applying for sub....2 more weeks later and still noting....feck sake -_-

I applied for shotgun sub ,semi 2 o/u in mid march and got the grant letter on the 16 of JUNE. I rang the station countless times and them I called into the local station 3 days in a row on the first week in June and spoke to 3 different guards they just said it was on system and just have to wait . I forget what my new gun looks like!!

Called in last week apparently he hasnt been around in ages...balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The waiting, and your response to it, is almost a test of character, and suitability to receive the licence at all!
    At least, that what it feels like sometimes.

Since mines a sub its a right pain its the summer i should be out shooting!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

1shot16 wrote: »
    Since mines a sub its a right pain its the summer i should be out shooting!!!!!!!!!!

One of the lads waited over 3 months for a simple .243 to .243 sub until he finally got it 2 weeks ago..

Handed in my .243 application yesterday.. Not hopeful of having it for this season even if a sub took that long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

To counter those complaints I applied for a rifle sub recently and had my new licence in 17 days so it's not all doom and gloom!

shushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Credit where credit is due, the Gardai were speedy with my renewal. I sent off my .22lr pistol renewal and had it renewed within two weeks.

Advertisement