Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bespoke Skirting Boards

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, there is a work colleague restoring an old 100yr old house in Limerick and has found a lot of the skirting boards in bad condition and would like to keep same style and size but they are bigger than what are off the shelf in most hardware stores

Is there somewhere you can get them made to same spec as a once off?

House is in Limerick so preferably in that area

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Hello, there is a work colleague restoring an old 100yr old house in Limerick and has found a lot of the skirting boards in bad condition and would like to keep same style and size but they are bigger than what are off the shelf in most hardware stores

Is there somewhere you can get them made to same spec as a once off?

House is in Limerick so preferably in that area

Thanks

Guy out near Bunratty I found very good for something similar before. Pat Lynch. Nice guy and very professional.

Www.lynchjoinery.ie is his website. Phone numbers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Guy out near Bunratty I found very good for something similar before. Pat Lynch. Nice guy and very professional.

Www.lynchjoinery.ie is his website. Phone numbers there.

excellent thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I presume they will need a set of knives custom ground for a spindle moulder.?
    I prefer the American system of moulding heads in a thicknesser type machine like Woodmaster and Williams and Hussey but could never justify the cost of importing one.

Advertisement