Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roskilde 2014

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:57am

Anyone other boardsies heading over to Roskilde.

Anyone ever been? Any useful tips would be welcomed :D

Lineup looks great, quite a mix. From Deftones to Stevie Wonder it should be a great weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone other boardsies heading over to Roskilde.

Anyone ever been? Any useful tips would be welcomed :D

Lineup looks great, quite a mix. From Deftones to Stevie Wonder it should be a great weekend!

Went in 2006, excellent festival. 8 days long, it's a bit of a monster!

Only major festival better than it is Glasto IMO (Which wasn't on in 2006). You'll have a great time.

FYI less than 1,000 tickets left as of today so get cracking if anybody reading this is still thinking of going!

The full week tickets sold out yesterday! Only a few individual day ones left. So glad I got mine a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I was there a few years ago! 2009 or 2010? One of those...

Was great! It was ROASTING so be prepared for heat. Check the weather I guess! The night time was quite cold though. But then you wake up in your tent boiling...

Bring mosquito repellent! I got ruined by them. There is a lake so that attracts the Mosquitos. And they bite through tights too :o

Drink is very expensive. We stopped in Germany and got drink.

But it's a great festival! The town itself is nice too. And Danish people are boootiful.

Oh and the showers (when I was there anyway) were communal. Meaning like 10 naked girls in one big shower...you have to queue inside naked too! Didn't bother me but the other girls I was there with were a bit freaked by the culture shock.. Very expensive showers too.

Bring bikinis! For swimming in the lake. Gets kinda mank by the end of the festival though. Campsites can be very loud at night..people walking around with sound systems..so bring earplugs if that would bother you!

Yeah it was 2009 that I was there, which according to Wiki was the hottest in 33 years...so probably won't be that hot! It was way too hot!

Oh mosquito repellent, I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks!

I was going to bring a bikini for the shower anyway cos in benicassim they've got outdoor showers - the kind you'd expect at the side of a pool - I think it's a great idea! So handy to jump in and out of.

We have one night in Copenhagen before heading to the festival so we were hoping to pick up booze there. I might buy some in the airport here though if it's going to be cheaper to do that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I never thought of it either...my legs were covered in bites after the first night! Huge manky red bumps everywhere...had to go to the pharmacy in the town and get antihistamine lotion...for about 15 quid :o

Yeah there was an outdoor cold shower near the lake that was free. The hot ones are indoors and cost money.

Probably would be best getting drink from a supermarket in Copenhagen...not too sure of the prices though!

So jealous now...would love to be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The full week tickets sold out yesterday! Only a few individual day ones left. So glad I got mine a few weeks ago.

yeah yeah rub it in

Sigh

Advertisement