Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Camping - Cahersiveen or Caherdaniel

Options
  • 16-06-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

Planning a weekend away in Kerry camping and trying to decide between the campsite at Cahersiveen or Caherdaniel. They both look good and I just can't decide between them.

We don't have kids so looking for one that is slightly more chilled out and not overrun with families...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ashill5

Wavecrest Caravan & Camping in Caherdaniel is a lovely family run business great facilities & shop on site, lovely beaches within walking distance. Caherdaniel village is about 1 mile walk. And if you want to stretch the legs the lovely Derrynane beach & Daniel O'Connell's house which has a lovely coffee shop is about 1.5 mikes further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I agree with Asshill, the beaches at Derrynane are great and beter than Caherciveen (in my opinion).

There'll be a good few families around Derynane, but there's plenty of room for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Filed

Hi, new to camping. 4 of us, 2 kiddies. Best place to buy equipment? Will travel for best prices and advice! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh I was only looking at this when I saw the destinations as we are heading camping next week.. Aldi me thinks starting from today have some camping things. Kettle is €7.99 and a wind breaker which is handy to have is €11.99.. O'Mearas in Galway is probably the best place for tents but regards the bits and pieces just keep an eye on the sales. Halfords do a nice set with mini stove and tuberware, and pots all in a bag, Tescos chairs for €10.00 cheapest yet.. Argos then for a mini bbq..

Depends really want you want..

Advertisement