Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really dumb credit card question?

Options
  • 16-06-2014 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

So like an idiot I forgot to pay the balance off my BoI Master Card this month. Probably because I didn't get a statement but still my fault as I normally pay the balance off online 10 days before its due date. When I noticed 2 days after pay by date I paid it off but payment will probably be  4-5 days late because I paid online over the weekend.

So my question is apart from having to pay interest on the outstanding balance is there any other penalty for my stupidity? Also is there any chance my card will be stopped because of the late payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi my3cents,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards and don't worry it's not a stupid question at all, we're happy to help. 

Generally you would be charged for a late payment. The late payment fee is specific for each account so it would be best for you to call our Credit Card team on 1890 251 251 from within the Republic of Ireland or 0845 309 8099 from within Northern Ireland or the UK. A representative will be happy to advise you on this fee and also check if your card has been cancelled. 
    Our representatives are available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and 10am to 6pm on Sundays and bank holidays.  

Just to mention, if you made the payment on Bank of Ireland 365 Online at the weekend, this payment should show up on your card tomorrow. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I called the support desk and got a sort of helpful reply, basically it seems its all automatic so I could end up with the card blocked but can get it unblocked again once the payment reaches them and I call back again. As it is the card is still working but I've no idea if an Amazon order (flagged as about to dispatch) would go through or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi my3cents,

Thanks for your post.

It may be that Amazon have processed your payment already and that it went through. However it would be best to contact Amazon directly to clarify this. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement