Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT registration

Options
  • 16-06-2014 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've set up a hairdressing salon last February, I'm on the Back to Work Allowance and have one other employee.  Do I register for VAT, my projected sales don't show my annual Sales above €37500 per annum which I've been told is my threshold for VAT registration. Also is this €37.5k - is that turnover/sales or calculated after expenses/purchases?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LMcEvoy

I've set up a hairdressing salon last February, I'm on the Back to Work Allowance and have one other employee.  Do I register for VAT, my projected sales don't show my annual Sales above €37500 per annum which I've been told is my threshold for VAT registration. Also is this €37.5k - is that turnover/sales or calculated after expenses/purchases?
    Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Adverts.ie: Eddie

Moved from the adverts.ie talk to forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Read the guide to VAT in the stickies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 atrick

LMcEvoy wrote: »
    Thanks.

Dear Sir,

Yes you will have to register for VAT as you have reached the exemption limit
    Your rate will be at 13.5% as you will be classified as a service.
    Then turnover for vat limit is taken as gross before any expenses are charged.

Kind regards,

Atrick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

No you do not have to register for VAT as I read from your post that your sales have not exceeded the threshold for registration of €37500.

The threshold is determined from Gross sales before expenses.

dbran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

atrick wrote: »
    Dear Sir,

Yes you will have to register for VAT as you have reached the exemption limit
    Your rate will be at 13.5% as you will be classified as a service.
    Then turnover for vat limit is taken as gross before any expenses are charged.

Kind regards,

Atrick

I believe its 9% VAT on hairdressing services.

Advertisement