Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearm licensing

Options
  • 16-06-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

would anybody know if it is possible to contact the Garda HQ in Dublin regarding a firearm application ?
    I gave the application over 3 months ago and i am not even sure they lodge it .
    My local FO is never there , it is impossible to talk to anybody at the station.

Maybe they have a phone number or e-mail , that would be great.

thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The HQ will just tell you to contact your local station. Did you get a letter after handing in the application form saying that they had received the form? Like this:

receipt_ar_1.jpg

If you've received that, they've filed it and the 3-month clock is running. If not, they probably haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

stef22 wrote: »
    ......My local FO is never there , it is impossible to talk to anybody at the station.......

Just a simple bit of advice, ring the station and ask when the Garda is on shift next, its not a state secret and start from there. The new roster is a pain in the arse when it comes to pining a particular Guard down to a time and place.
    If its a part time station contact the district station (I think that's the term) as this is where it will be processed and go from there.
    My local FAO is the biz but its still hard to contact him sometimes. A nice polite letter sometimes can be easiest route.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Call the district headquarters(station your super is in), ask to speak to the district clerk and they'll tell you what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Sparks wrote: »
    The HQ will just tell you to contact your local station. Did you get a letter after handing in the application form saying that they had received the form? Like this:

receipt_ar_1.jpg

If you've received that, they've filed it and the 3-month clock is running. If not, they probably haven't.

Those seem to be optional depending on what station your dealing with.. Anyone i asked who had to go through the station in town never got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

thanks guys
    it is a part time Garda station , i called the main station ( district ) many many times!
    I was just asked to drop a letter explaining why i want the mod + the receipt from the dealer so i did.
    Heard nothing since and it is very frustrating. Got no letter or call back. The application could still be on the desk who knows .

don't want to hassle them to much either as they are normally very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I usually find the supers Secretary helpful when dealing with my local fo as he is never to be found. Keep ringing and remember the loudest squeek gets the most oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

Are you in the swords district by any chance? My application sat on the local FO desk for 9 months before he sent it on

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

I love the way that the template they use for the acknowledgement of receipt mentions that the application relates to the following 'weapon'.............

I didn't think we licenced weapons in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

chris20 wrote: »
    Are you in the swords district by any chance? My application sat on the local FO desk for 9 months before he sent it on

nope i am in the west. 9 months is a long time , i hope it will happen sooner for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

I would contact your local station until you get to speak to the FO, be patient and persistent without with out being to pushy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Give these lads a call 01 666 1911 there up I Dublin in the phonix park.They sorted me out big time a few weeks back at the very least they will tell you if the paper work had been entered into the system.Lets know how u get on

Advertisement