Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam calls form "Microsoft Windows customer service"

Options
  • 16-06-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

Getting today about 10 calls from the guys in the "Microsoft Windows customer service" most of the times the phone number was not available but on two occasions was 0085611883092 and 0038587751798

Tried to hang up, told them to get lost and still receiving calls...

Any chance that this scam is traced by Eircom and blocked further?

Thanks,
    Adrian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

andy73 wrote: »
    Hi,

Getting today about 10 calls from the guys in the "Microsoft Windows customer service" most of the times the phone number was not available but on two occasions was 0085611883092 and 0038587751798

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Hi Andy

It's not possible to trace or block these calls as they are made over an IP calling platform, [font=Calibri","sans-serif]For more information on this issue you may find it helpful to contact the malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭andy73

Hi,

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Hi Andy

It's not possible to trace or block these calls as they are made over an IP calling platform, For more information on this issue you may find it helpful to contact the malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al for the number, they stopped for now, if they continue I can call that number ..

Hi,

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Hi Andy

It's not possible to trace or block these calls as they are made over an IP calling platform, For more information on this issue you may find it helpful to contact the malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al for the number, they stopped for now, if they continue I can call that number ..
    Thanks Andy,

Hope it stays that way

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭W1ll1s

Yep, the sob are still trying their luck with this one. Friend got a call few days ago,told the sb to * off.

W1ll1s wrote: »
    Yep, the sob are still trying their luck with this one. Friend got a call few days ago,told the sb to * off.
    Hi W1ll1s

Yes, I agree - they are really persuing this, if your friend has any queries on this please let them know it's best to contact [font=Calibri","sans-serif]the malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I was also getting the calls. I know my way around a pc so decided to have a bit of fun and went along...

call 1: spiel about being from Microsoft Windows customer services and how "illegal" signals from my laptop are clogging up their servers with malware yada, yada, yada.... I tell the guy that's not possible. Says he, insisting, yes it is and if he doesn't help me stop it, I'll be fined ( oh wow). Repeat that its not possible. So he rises to the bait and asks why not - reply but I don't have Windows, I have Linux....click, suddenly call is closed.

call 2: Same spiel, this time I was in a bit of a hurry, so I said "You do realise that you are actually calling Microsoft legal services? " click....

LOL - never heard from them since

Italia wrote: »
    I was also getting the calls. I know my way around a pc so decided to have a bit of fun and went along...

call 1: spiel about being from Microsoft Windows customer services and how "illegal" signals from my laptop are clogging up their servers with malware yada, yada, yada....  I tell the guy that's not possible. Says he, insisting, yes it is and if he doesn't help me stop it, I'll be fined ( oh wow). Repeat that its not possible. So he rises to the bait and asks why not - reply but I don't have Windows, I have Linux....click, suddenly call  is closed.

call 2: Same spiel, this time I was in a bit of a hurry, so I said "You do realise that you are actually calling Microsoft legal services? " click....

LOL - never heard from them since
    Hi Italia

I must say that I admire your approach :)

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I doubt they will attempt contacting you again but if you would like more information surrounding this do feel free to contact the malicious calls bureau on 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement