Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback Points

Options
  • 16-06-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I've been a member of Pigsback for a few years and they always used to offer books, cinema ticket, CD's to redeem your points on but these seem to have disappeared now? Has anyone else noticed this? All their other offers you have to pay for and I'm not even sure if you can use your points as part payment, to be honest I have no interest in hotel breaks or teeth whitening kits anyway. I emailed them but have had no response yet. Seems these points are kind of useless now. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Just got this reply from them:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

This option is no longer available.

When purchasing a voucher, you will be given the option at the checkout to use your PiggyPoints.

When you click on Buy Now you will see an order box at the top of the page.

In the order box there is a tab saying Use Discount or Points.

Click on the Points option to use your PiggyPoints.

Providing you have enough PiggyPoints in your account, you will be given the option to pay for 5, 10 or 15 percent of the cost of your voucher using your PiggyPoints.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    Miriam M

Bah! Might just close my account with them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

But you use them, so why not just avail of the discounts when doing so and treat yourself with the cash saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I only used to earn points on surveys, which usually I screen out of because I don't have kids. Plus, I'm not interested in the offers they have on their site, I tried to buy one thing and it only let me use 55 of my points towards it. It all seems pointless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

used to collect these all the time, had the credit card and visited the site 3-4 times aweek.

then the points for everything went up,then you had to spend twice as much to get the points and then they phased out all the freebies one by one.

Unless you are in dublin the offer list is poor and even then the conditions are limiting.

Dont bother with them any more, pity really as they used to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree.....pigsback is useless now. I used to use the points to get cinema tickets. I emailed them but got nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

johnire wrote: »
    I agree.....pigsback is useless now. I used to use the points to get cinema tickets. I emailed them but got nowhere.

Agreed, most of their competitions require purchases now too!! Bought a hotel break with free upgrade incl off them a couple of years back and when we got to the hotel they wouldn't honour the upgrade & instead stuck us in a tony box over a function room. Pretty annoying since we'd gone to enjoy the big room.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

Hi,

I got this email from Empathy saying I took part in a survey. I never did this so I am wondering where they got the information from. Has anyone else received this? Pigsback has already forced on us that we didn't want. Are they now looking at ways to remove the last of our piggypoints without our consent and on false surveys results. A few of my friends have also received this email saying the exact same.

"At Empathy Research we are constantly trying to improve the experience you have in completing surveys and otherwise engaging with our Ideas Panel. So we’d like to say a big “Thank You” to the many panel members who took part in our recent improvements survey. You’ve given us some clear direction on improving the Ideas Panel experience, notably:

You’ve asked us to be less about “PiggyPoints” and to come up with a new rewards programme. This will be announced very shortly and we believe it will exceed your expectations.
    A common frustration identified was being “screened out” early from surveys a bit too often. We’re going to minimise this through better targeting but unfortunately screen-outs are sometimes a necessary part of the research process so we’re going to create a dedicated monthly prize draw for those who get screened out as our way of saying ‘thanks for trying’.
    You gave us a sense of being ready for a fresher approach from us. We’ve been in this space for over 12 years, so a refresh would be timely - watch this space…
    Empathy Research is part of Pigsback.com, but based on your feedback you want us to be more about our own rewards and our own identity. So from now on, your survey invitations will come exclusively from Empathy Research and this relationship (and rewards programme) will be separated fully from Pigsback.com.

If for any reason or at any time you no longer wish to receive our surveys, just click here to be removed from our Ideas Panel.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions,"

Advertisement