Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage call centre waiting times

Options
  • 16-06-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is anyone working today? I've tried calling the mortgage department three times today and have been on hold for at least half an hour each time without getting through. Am currently on hold and have been for the last 47 minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi sruss13,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry you experienced a delay getting through. Can you let us know what number you are calling so that we can look into this for you?

Also, if it is not an account specific query, we may be able to help you here.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sruss13

Hi sruss13,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry you experienced a delay getting through. Can you let us know what number you are calling so that we can look into this for you?

Also, if it is not an account specific query, we may be able to help you here.

Thanks

Nicola
    Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The number I have been calling is +353 1 4620222, which seems to be a central switchboard. I have asked to be connected to the Mortgage Department and then I am put to on a line which seems to keep me permanently on hold (my current waiting time is now 1 hour and 5 minutes!), during which I get a repeated message saying "We apologise once more for this delay. Your call will be dealt with as soon as an agent becomes available. Thank you for calling."

I am calling from outside of Ireland so can not call the 0818 200 339 number.

Am I being connected to a wrong number or is an hour+ waiting time to be expected?

My query is regarding a specific mortgage application, so not one for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi sruss13,

The number that you are currently dialling +3531 4620222 is used from abroad for new mortgage applications.

If you would like to send us a private message with your contact information and we can arrange for a representative to contact you.

If your query relates to an existing mortgage you can call Bank of Ireland Mortgages directly on ph: 01 611 3333 (press option 2).

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sruss13

Hi sruss13,

The number that you are currently dialling +3531 4620222 is used from abroad for new mortgage applications.

If you would like to send us a private message with your contact information and we can arrange for a representative to contact you.

If your query relates to an existing mortgage you can call Bank of Ireland Mortgages directly on ph: 01 611 3333 (press option 2).

Thanks

Nicola
    Thanks. I got through eventually after being on hold for 1 hour 40 minutes.
    Room for improvement there to say the least.

Advertisement