Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning up IOS

• 16-06-2014 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there

Does anyone have any app or third part SW for windows that they know and trust to clean-up my iphone? have about 400 MBS storage left and I think its time for a cleanup. free sw is most welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

No app for it. Just go to

Settings->General->usage->storage

on the iphone and see what's using your space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

TBi wrote: »
    No app for it. Just go to

Settings->General->usage->storage

on the iphone and see what's using your space.

So I guess I should be more specific, when I open up itunes I see in the storage bar a value of over 1GB for "Other" I would love to see what this entails and if I could clean it up. I know about the Settings->General->usage->storage but thats not clear as to heather this is size per app or size per app+app data.

hope my question makes sense

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The other I think could refer to specific app data such as lets say VLC player where you can add files to VLC player within iTunes.

yep I'm right..
    have a read of the below
    http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-remove-other-data-from-iphone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The "other" in iTunes is probably messages and emails

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I use Tongbu , cleans all the crap off the phone ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sharkman wrote: »
    WTF is that link?! It looks like everything you should avoid downloading to your devices. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Dades wrote: »
    WTF is that link?! It looks like everything you should avoid downloading to your devices. :pac:

Tongbu Assistant is an iTunes alternative with a lot of extra functions . Be been using it for six months with no I'll affects and would recommend it for decrappifing your devices

Tongbu Assistant is an iTunes alternative with a lot of extra functions . Be been using it for six months with no I'll affects and would recommend it for decrappifing your devices

this actually worked and allowed me to run a scan to cleanup some data, Actually cleaned up over 600 MB's of data bringing my free space back over a GB. I only have 16GB Iphone

Thanks again sharkman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

There's an iphone app called CM Security that will clean all the app caches and things. You might have to run the clean a couple of times for it to clear most stuff. It does the job when you don't have access to icleaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Cleared out Spotifys cache for me anyway. Saved me 700mb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry for dragging this back up. I just did a search on the iTunes store for CM security and I can't find it. Does anybody know if the app has been removed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple pulled it, I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Apple pulled it, I assume.

Dammit :(

BDJW wrote: »
    Dammit :(

Maybe its available in the US store?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Maybe its available in the US store?
    It's not - I looked in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It always looked a bit suspicious but it could be totally harmless. We're sort of around WWDC time when iOS dev accounts expire if you don't continue them, so maybe his account ran out and he didn't bother keeping it on the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I used it to clean up my phone, but now i can't download apps from the app store??

Advertisement